Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's good to be HOME!

This is going to be a no frills post.  I've been thinking about blogging ever since we arrived home.  I guess I've been busy settling in.  It's a good thing.  A very good thing.

Before coming home from New Jersey we went to PA to see Josh, Laymie and Liam.   Liam's first birthday was November first but we were working.  We had our own little celebration.









.
We had a great visit but as always it was too short.  I can't wait until I can see them again.

We put our tree up.  It only has two ornaments on it but we like it that way.  It's just simply gorgeous!  One of the ornaments is actually a scissor fob made by Suzanne from Australia.  Way back when I didn't have a blog yet, I entered a drawing to win it when she had a blogaversary giveaway.  I treasure it so much that I hang it on the tree too.  It makes a beautiful ornament, doesn't it?



I made Snickerdoodles the other day.  I always use my tried and true recipe that has won Masterchief's approval over and over.  Why I decided to go with another recipe I found on Pinterest I'll never know.  Here is what they were supposed to look like........

Here is what they looked like instead.........

This is what I did with the recipe....


I threw that mess away and got out my own cookbook......

That's better!

Last night I finally started stitching again.  I haven't been able to pass a needle through linen since the first week of October.  I've missed it.  I started The Child's Guardian by La D Da.  Only a few stitches but it's a start.


I am so glad to be home.  Staying in a hotel for seven weeks helps me to better appreciate the nice home I have with a washer and dryer that doesn't require quarters to run...and much, much more.

I appreciate each comment and the time it takes to leave it here.  I'm thankful for each of you.

~~Peggy Lee

15 comments:

Parsley said...

Glad to see you back and that you had wonderful family time.

Ahhh...snickerdoodles. My favorite with hot tea!

Lee said...

There's no place like home...

But tell Parsley that snickerdoodles go better with coffee!

Berit said...

Wonderful post! So glad you are happily settling in.

I love snickerdoodles. And need to make some. Do you use shortening?

Maggee said...

I love snickerdoodles too, and will be making some chocolate ones soon! Yummm... Glad that you are back and beginning to settle in with stitching. Liam looks a lot like his daddy in the picture, tho of course it is too soon to predict that! Hugs!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh Peg - Liam is so stinking cute!! Love all the pictures!
I really had to laugh at the pictures of how your first batch of snickerdoodles came out and the recipe going in that infamous shredder! At least it wasn't your stitching this time!
Love your new start and guess what - I now have My Ways in my hands, so I need to look back through your posts for the fabric and colors you used.
I'll be making snickerdoodles for a few functions that I am attending in the next week!

Jeanne said...

Welcome home Peggy and hope you have a great holiday season enjoying being back. Happy December!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Girl, you're too funny! Great post, thx for sharing your fam pics, Liam is such a cutey patootie. Glad you're back, now things are as they should be:)

MoonBeam said...

What a nice, homey holiday post.

Welcome home and Merry Christmas.

Deborah said...

Glad that you are home and settling in. Liam is such a beautiful boy. He is getting so big.

Mouse said...

yeahhhh a post ..lol was going to email you to see how you are ... love the second batch better hahaha and brill that shredder is still working hahahah .. love the photos of every one and jealous you can sit crossed legged ..lol and you done some stitching too bonus :) you are definitely back :) love mouse xxxx

Bekca said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying being back home Peggy-Lee. It looks like you had a wonderful time with little Liam, hasn't he grown?
I love your new stitching project and those Snickerdoodles sure look yummy!
Best wishes and happy stitching to you.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Welcome home - there's nothing finer!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Looks like it was a great visit with the fam! That Liam is still just as cute as ever. Glad you are settling in. Cookie baking is the best way to feel homey in my book!

dixiesamplar said...

Man, Liam has certainly grown...and what a cutie pie!! Glad you got some quality time with the family...and glad you two arrived home safe and sound...

Love your new start, can't wait to see your progress...

Snickerdoodles, yummmy!! Never mess with a sure bet, LOL!

Suzanne said...

What a great time visiting with family! I have some very reliable cookie recipes I always use, but every now and then I try one that I find here and there and they are never quite the same.

I am so glad that you like the piece I sent way back when. It does make a pretty ornament.