Thursday, November 17, 2011

Friends, Stash and Diamonds

Good Afternoon friends.  Thank you so much for your welcome back comments on my last post.  It's so good to be back.  I've missed you all.  

Let's start with the FRIENDS part of the post title. 


On Tuesday I had the chance to meet once again with a two of my new friends whom I have met through blogging.  It was the quick, throw-together type of meeting but I was so glad to see them again before we head back to Kentucky.  Catherine and Brett met me at the Starbucks near the Strawberry Sampler for a cup of coffee before storming the shop for more stash.  


We asked one of the girls that works there to take this pic for us.  Then we went to the shop.  



Of course I picked up a couple things while there.  I can't remember ever walking in this shop without leaving  with something to add to my stash.  


It was so good to see Catherine and Brett again before going home.  Thanks once again girls for a great time!

I guess that covered friends and stash...

Let's get to the last part of today's post title. 

***DIAMONDS***

This morning Masterchief took me out for breakfast at the Hollywood Diner in Delaware.  Don't ask me what town.  I couldn't tell you.  Maybe Catherine could help us by leaving it in a comment...(hint-hint)
After breakfast he took me to Kay Jewelers and told me to pick out anything in the store and it would be mine.  I already had my eye on something in there so before he could change his mind I didn't waste any time getting to this......


It's a beautiful one carat anniversary ring in white gold!  Our 6th anniversary is December 12th.  I'm so glad he's not making me wait until then to wear it!  Also Delaware has no sales tax...YAY!!  Luckily the one they had in the case was my size so I was able to walk out of the store with it on my finger.  


I ask myself every day, what on earth did I do to deserve a man like Masterchief?  He's so good to me.  He even proof reads my blog post before I publish for typos.  (I love you Honey. More than you know)

That's it for today folks.  As you can imagine I am on cloud 9.  I'm going to see my grandson on Saturday, I'm going home a couple days after that, I have more stash and I have new bling on my finger.  What more could a girl want?

I probably won't post anymore until we get home...about a week or so.  Take care of yourselves.  I am *this* close to sitting on my couch with needle and linen in hand.  (((((squeals)))))


~~Peggy Lee

17 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Holy cow, girlfriend, now that's some good spoilin'!!! You are certainly one lucky girl indeed. Happy (early) Anniversary!

MoonBeam said...

Major bling! Wow!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Anniversary.

Bobbi

Jennifer said...

Love the stash, but that ring....holy cow! I love it! You are such a lucky gal. Happy Anniversary a little early!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Now that's worth cheering about. Congratulations on your Anniversary and Many Happy Returns. It will be so nice for you to be home again and back on your blog on a regular basis.
Be always in stitches.

Parsley said...

What a LOVELY RING! Happy Anniversary!!

How fun to meet blog friends and get stash. Nice feeling isn't it.

CalamityJr said...

Wow! You'll never Forget this trip! Happy anniversary, and enjoy your stash; just don't stab yourself while you're watching your bling instead of your needle, lol.

Maggee said...

Lovely stash, terrific ring, but what I want to know is--are there any more like him at home?? My sister could use a swell guy!! Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Congrats Peggy and Masterchief! Gorgeous ring - he sure sounds like a keeper to me :). So glad you are headed home after your hard work.

Mouse said...

ohhh myyyy don't know which bit I like best ..lol the meeting of friends, the stash or that gorgeous ring .... :) and I bet you can't wait to get back stitching :) love mouse xxxx

Jan said...

Peggy that is just gorgeous!! And I am almost positive sure, that you are most deserving of the ring and that wonderful man of yours! Also the friends and the stash...:)

Catherine said...

So glad we could squeeze in a last minute visit before you head out! The day definitely went too fast. Whoo-hoo on the blingity, bling, bling, bling....Happy Anniversary!

Terri said...

I'm glad you got to meet some new friends. One can never have enough friends! And the stash is great, but WOW! What a ring! Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Does Masterchief have any single brothers? :-)

Valerie said...

I LOVE your ring...it is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy showing off your diamonds and your love for one another!

valerie said...

Gorgeous ring! You're one lucky girl! Sounds nice to have been able to get together with some stitchy friends.

Bekca said...

WOW, that is one gorgeous ring! It is nice to be spoiled isn't it? It's so great to hear you're so happy Peggy-Lee, have a wonderful time visiting your grandson. Best wishes.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Friends, stash AND beautiful bling - now aren't you the thankful one? Know you can't wait to get home, but enjoy the journey!

Suzanne said...

Now that's some diamonds!! WOW!!! Lucky you to have such a great husband. Happy anniversary!

How nice to meet up with fellow stitchers and nice stash you picked up.