Saturday, October 8, 2011

We Had A BLAST!!

It's a beautiful day here in New Jersey.  Yikes, I can't believe I said that!  Please don't take offense if you are from this state but I only dislike N.J. because I miss my home so much while I'm here.  Oh and the cost of living is so much cheaper at home!

On Thursday I met with a few fellow stitcher friends and we had a great time together.  We first met at Starbucks where I tried to stitch with them but I only got a few x's  in.  Try as I might, I cannot stitch and talk at the same time.


Pictured here from left to right is Anna, Brett (I affectionately call her Bert, oh I hope she doesn't mind), me and Catherine.  We spent almost two hours there before heading over to The Strawberry Sampler for some much needed stash shopping.


Since I belong to the COTM club at Sassy's Fabby's I didn't need any linen.  I did however need an assortment of threads for a few charts I wanted to kit up.  I also wanted to come home with the 2012 Book Of Days.  I got their LAST ONE!  Whew!  Well here's a pic of what I needed purchased...


A girl can never have enough needles so I picked up a package of my favorite, John James gold petites.
I never go away from the shop without also grabbing a pair of scissors.  I've been drooling over these online for a while.


I always bring with me something for the girls at the shop to frame.  This time I had two pieces ready for framing.  Here is My Ways by La D Da....



I just love the little daisy-like pattern on this one!  When I laid eyes on it I knew it was the one.

Next up is the frame I chose for I Sew'd My Heart by Beth Twist at Heartstring Samplery.



I was so glad to have Catherine, Brett and Anna there to help me decide on the frames.  Thanks so much girls!

Lastly tonight I will leave you with my latest finish.  During this week I have tried to spend the majority of my time studying for the tests I will need to pass in order to work at Salem Nuclear.  The tests are good for a year so I am required to take them about every other outage.  It's very nerve-wracking for me because I only got in to this business a couple years ago while Masterchief doesn't need to study at all because he's been doing this forever.  He's such a smarty pants (tongue sticking out, fingers waving from my ears).  I managed to fit a few stitches in at night before going to bed.


It's Praise God by La D Da.  I think I will try to frame this one myself.  I will not be stitching anything else now until I go home again in mid November.

Well I need to get going and fix something for Masterchief's dinner.  I have had to get creative for our meals since living in a hotel.  We aren't staying in a room that has a kitchenette so it's microwave all the way!  Tonight it's ham slices lightly warmed with instant mashed taties and canned beets.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  Until I can pass my needle through linen again, please cross and X for me, won't you?

~~Peggy Lee

18 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What an exciting day you had! The frames are perfect, especially the one for My Ways, and your new finish looks lovely. We'll miss hearing from you; just be safe and happy!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Lovely post PeggyLee, lovely ladies, lovely stash, lovely nippers, lovely frames/especially My Ways, lovely start, lovely din-din. You two stay outta trouble ya'hear! Hope MC gets a chance to nab a Ball or two while you're there:)

valerie said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. How wonderful to spend it with stitching friends. Love the pieces you dropped off for framing...the daisy moulding is so pretty!

Deborah said...

Sounds like you all had a great day!Wonderful stash and the frames you picked are perfect.

Mouse said...

waving small paw hellooooo so glad you are having a fab time .. love the stash haul and the scissors are really cute :) you will be fine with the tests honest :) love the frames you chose for your pieces too :) love mouse xxxxx

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a lovely day with friends, nice stash, and beautiful finishes! Mid November? Won't you have withdrawals?

Penny said...

Lucky you, I love the Strawberry Sampler. Do they sell Needlepoint Silk threads now? I love the frames you chose, they are perfect ~ I love the stitched pieces too. Good luck on your tests, I'm sure you will do fine! :)

Nancy said...

Looks like you had a grand time with friends! That LNS looks like such a nice place! Love the frames you chose! My Ways is going to be lovely framed with that frame!

Robin said...

What fun meeting up with fellow stitchers! I love the scissors you 'needed'. Awesome selection on the frames you chose.

Catherine said...

So good to see you again!! I just realized how your new scissors match the frame for the LaDDa piece!!

Bekca said...

It looks like you had a great time meeting up with fellow stitchers. I love your latest stash enhancement and the frames you've chosen look perfect. Best wishes.

Berit said...

What a wonderful post! I have been in NJ for 5 years now, and certainly won't argue about the cost/standard of living!

Have you considered a portable butane stove? Iwatani makes some nice ones. Depending upon where you buy the butane canister it can be very cost effective to use.

Love the new finish, and also, may I recommend Mary Arden petites? JJ 28 Golds used to be my needle of choice until I tried hers. I also liked the bohin, but they don't come in petite (gotta have that shorter needle!)

I adore your frame choices, esp. for the La D Da!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a great time you had! Don't you just love hanging out with other stitchers?! Of course you had to get some cool stash from The Sampler! That place is addicting. Wish I lived closer. LOL!

Littlebit said...

Lovely frame choices, and I cannot wait to see them all finished.

Anna van Schurman said...

So nice to meet you Peggy Lee! You'll be back to stitching before you know it.

Jeanne said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun meeting up with some stitchers Peggy and love your stash haul. It's so nice to be able to take framing to a LNS you trust isn't it- you made great choices. Hope the work passes quickly for you so you can get back home and back to stitching again.

Vinniey said...

What a wonderful day with friends. Praise God is so gorgeous. Love it! Nice frame for "I Sew'd My Heart"! Glad to discover your beautiful blog today and I will drop by your blog again. :)

Robin said...

How funny! You from Kentucky and me from Salem County NJ and I just learned I am next to receive your LaDDa ABCD. I can't wait until Catherine sends it my way. Small world