Monday, October 17, 2011

Moving on Up!

I have never tried to post to my blog using my phone so I hope this works OK. 
When I started training last week I thought I would get all the testing completed on the first day.  I was then told that they wanted me to test to move up from a Decontamination Tech to a Junior Health Physics Tech.  It takes a little more training and a little more responsibility.  I was really nervous about it but it looks like I'll do just fine after all. My last bit of testing is tomorrow then I'll just wait to be called in to the plant. I am nervous and excited at the same time.
The reactor goes down on Saturday night. Then the grueling schedule begins working six 12-hour days for about three weeks. Three weeks doesn't sound like a long time but when we are working those hours it seems like a very l-o-n-g time!
Needless to say I haven't had time to even think about stitching and won't now until I get back home in mid November.
I already miss browsing through all your blogs.  Can't wait till I can visit you all again.
Please cross an X for me!
~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

Denise said...

My husband works those crazy hours and was at Perry Nuclear Plant this summer. Good money - terrible hours. Take care and get plenty of rest!

Nancy said...

Good to hear from you! You will do great in your new job position! Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can!

Bekca said...

That does seem like a crazy work schedule, but at least it's not for too long. You'll be back home soon enough :) best wishes.

Chris said...

Glad to hear it is going well!
You will do great.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Sleep plenty when you can and those three weeks will sail by and you can have your stitching back in your hands. Be well and safe.
As always,

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Good job posting from the phone! Sounds like terribly long hours to me. Take care and be safe!

Syd said...

I'll look forward to reading your blog again after your work time ends. Be safe!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the promotion! You must be doing a great job for them to ask you. You go girl!

Take care and be safe. I can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get time again.

Mouse said...

fingers n toes crossed :) you can do it ... please me know when I can uncross makes it very difficult to stitch like this hahahahah :) love mouse xxxxx

Sherry said...

Yes, I know those hours seem to drag on forever. I am sooooo glad that DH is finally finished with it for now. Outage on days isn't too bad but ohhhh those night shifts! They take their toll on me as much as DH. Take care and hope the time goes by quickly for you.

Catherine said...

Hope your test went well!! See you on the other side!! I put up a picture of my framed "I Sew'd My Heart".

Anna van Schurman said...

Peggy Lee--here's hoping you get the promotion. The other day at the dog park a guy was their with his friend's dog. He said he didn't have a dog because he worked cleaning nuclear power plants and was gone weeks at a time. First you don't even think about how power plants get cleaned then people who do it are everywhere! I'll make some exes for you. :)