Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hotel Living....

Good Tuesday morning friends!

We arrived in New Jersey Saturday afternoon.  We always make hotel arrangements way in advance but this time we didn't.  Over the past couple years we had our fill of where we always stayed.  The price kept going up but the service/cleanliness went down.  The housekeeping was deplorable!  So not too far from where that hotel was is a Super 8 that was built just last year so it hasn't really had time to get run down yet.  I guess as a rule Super 8's are a no frills chain (I've never stayed in one before so I don't really know).  This one doesn't have a fitness room and no microwaves in the rooms.  They do offer a refrigerator but it's one of those tiny cube-shaped ones.  They were kind enough to let us use two of them and we went to Sam's to get a microwave.  There's not one single drawer in this room!  There are cubby holes instead.

Here is a picture I took of our home until mid-November:



I had to use the spaces below the TV for our canned goods, etc...so the second bed really came in handy for our clothes.  We would be living out of suitcases and tote bags without it.  Besides that, Masterchief and I don't sleep well in a King sized bed.  It gives him too much room to pivot, leaving me clinging to the corner of the mattress.  He says he's trying to "find me".  Isn't that sweet?  Grrrrr.......
I think the best part of staying here instead of where we were the last couple years is that the staff here speaks English.  It is very frustrating to ask for something as simple as towels or a set of sheets and have to play charades to get them!

Masterchief started his training week yesterday.  I start next Monday so that leaves this week for me to study...study...study!  I will be glad when I don't have to do that anymore like he does.  Masterchief has been doing this for so long he can go in there and pass every test without studying at home first.

To keep my head from exploding, I study for a while and then check blogs, email, Pinterest etc...

I can't wait for Thursday when I will meet up with Catherine from Bramblewood Stitches.  We will be going to The Strawberry Sampler among other places.  I'll be sure to share the details on the next post!

So with all that said I better get back to it.  I've really enjoyed keeping current on reading all your blogs.  That will end next week when I start work.  I'm doing my best to get my "fix" while I can!

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits so much!

~~Peggy Lee

11 comments:

Carmen Sutton & Jean Hohulin said...

Hey Peggy your new home is very cosy....not bad for 1 1/2 months. Study hard today and tomorrow so you can have lots of fun on Thursday! We want to see Pictures of what you find!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Nothing like a good shopping/stash day in the middle of studying. Have a great day.
Be always in stitches.

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Nice room, have a great visit with Catherine:)

Lee said...

Have fun with Catherine! I think listening to you two in the same room would be a hoot! Wish I could be a fly on the wall...

Sherry said...

Glad you got to NJ safe and sound. DH is working an outage right now and is almost finished. Yea! Have fun going to see Catherine.

Nancy said...

Hope you and Catherine have fun, but how can you not going to a LNS! lol

StitchinByTheLake said...

Peggy it's interesting to see how you manage to live out of a hotel room for a lengthy stay. It makes me realize all over again how blessed we are to have a small apartment when we work at the mission for two months each summer! blessings, marlene

Deborah said...

You do a good job of living out of one room for so long. I did happen to notice that the wine was front and center. My kind of girl.

Jeanne said...

It must be hard staying in a hotel that long...hope your work goes quickly so you can get back to Home Sweet Home soon. I'm envious of you getting to visit the Strawberry Sampler, I've heard it's a great shop. Enjoy some well-deserved stashing!

Catherine said...

Looks like you are all settled in! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh dear! I don't know if I could live like that for a month!