Saturday, September 17, 2011

That's Random!

Just sharing a few pictures with you that I've taken in the last few days.  Random things, really.

A quick post..........

We have been having much needed rain recently.  Masterchief just put this rain gauge on the deck and look what I saw perched on it...........




We have enjoyed these little bundles of energy all summer and will be sad to see them go.  Just before I sat down to blog I heard them bumping their little beaks in to the kitchen window where the feeder hangs.  Silly little things!

Masterchief and I enjoy playing cribbage and usually have an ongoing game in the works at all times.  On this particular night I thought he must have super-glued my peg in the board cause he was spankin' me hard!  This is the look I usually get when he's full of his Masterchief-self..................



That's ok...I'll get him next time.  I still love him enough to make him this Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake...............


I gave him a thin slice before he started mowing the lawn.  It wins his approval but be warned....it's called POUND cake for a reason!  I'll share the recipe if anyone wants it.  Just let me know.  This would be prettier with a glaze on it but I knew Masterchief wouldn't care for that.

I must finish this post with something stitchy so here's my progress on My Ways.........


Please forgive the crummy picture.  I held it up with one hand and took the picture with the other.  I am really enjoying this stitch but it is a bit harder for me because I am using 40 count.  I remember a few years back thinking...."I want to stitch on 40 count now while I can because I know there will come a day when it will be too small for me to see".  Well I was right!  Last night while stitching on this I was really having a hard time seeing the tiny little holes in the linen.  I commented to Masterchief how I was having such a time with it.  I thought maybe I was just tired or something but then I looked up and realized I didn't have the lamp swiveled over so it was positioned above my head!  That was cause for a few chuckles.

I hope you all are having a peaceful weekend.  The weather here in southern Kentucky was absolutely beautiful today.  I actually had enough energy to help mow the lawn.  I am very proud of myself.

Thanks so much for staying with me on this very random post.

Happy stitching!
~~Peggy Lee

10 comments:

Mouse said...

oooooooooooo that cake looks fab :) love the little birds soooo cute .... and nice stitching as always ... and glad you managed to do the lawn i think ..lol ... been busy stitching soooo keep eyes peeled for updates heheh :) love mouse xxxx

Cindy said...

I have caught myself with my lamp off recently as well. I do love the smaller count linen and want to enjoy stitching on it as long as I can. Please do share the recipe for the wonderful sounding cake. My daughter loves pound cake and I would like to make it for her.

Thanks for sharing your blog. I always enjoy your posts.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

the humming has departed in our area and what a joy it is to watch them in action. Boy, that cake looks so good and probably would be called two pound cake when the glaze is on the top.
Be always in stitches.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

A slice of THAT would be yummy with my cuppa! Of course we need the recipe. As the years creep up, just add more magnification ... that's what I've been doing!

Penny said...

I usually only get a couple of hummingbirds every summer,but I love seeing them. The cake looks delicious and would love to have the recipe. Lovely stitching!

Nancy said...

I had a hummer come check me out the other day when I was putting seed in the birdfeeders...he just hovered in front of me for a minute or two...was a pretty cool experience! You have accomplished a lot on My Ways and as always your stitching is lovely!

country stitcher said...

Your so lucky, your husband will sit and play cards with you.
Your Cake looks and sound delish!
Recipe please.
Your stitching looks beautiful. I have not tried 40 ct yet but have a project all kitted up to try.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Catherine said...

Sure wish I could come sit, stitch, chat, and of course have a piece of that yummy cake with you!!!
Great pics of the hummingbird!

Littlebit said...

Makes me want to make a pound cake, only I have to have that glaze on it. :) My husband loves Cribbage..there is a local league in which he plays. Must be quite popular, since there are 66 teams.
Nice stitching!

Sherry said...

Yum! That cake looks and sounds delicious. Anything with cream cheese has my vote! Your stitching is lovely!

Aren't hummingbirds fun! I just love watching them flit around. I took a glass of ice tea outside once and I think if the glass had been full, it would have tried to drink from it!