Saturday, September 3, 2011

Red Border Study...FINISHED!

I suppose you can guess by the title of this post that I am VERY excited to have finished Red Border Study II  on Thursday night.........


The one on the left is Border Study In Red which I completed in 2004.  The one on the right is Red Border Study II.  The suggested thread was DMC 815, Garnet but I chose to use WDW Brick.  The designer is Valerie Bieber Mertz from Heron House Designs.  She lives in the same town as my son which is the next town over from where I lived while growing up in PA.  Small world!  I am saddened to report though that despite my repeated attempts to contact this designer I have not been able to locate her.  I found a Valerie Bieber Mertz on Facebook but I received no reply when I dropped her a line through FB.  Short of stalking her, I've given up.  I had someone email me asking me how to get these charts and I'm sorry I haven't been able to help.  These charts were designed in the year 2000.

Beth Twist is having a little offer of an adorable sampler she designed to anyone who takes a picture of their phone/laptop etc... set at her blog page wherever they happen to be at the time.  She has quite a few interesting photos already.  Carmen Sutton of Cardan Antiques and Needlework and I met while I was in Tennessee and she sent a picture of our meeting to Beth.  Beth then sent us the chart for her sampler.  I picked out the threads and linen last night.....


.......and started it already.........



I had to make substitutions for all of Beth's suggested threads because I didn't have any of them on hand.  I tried to pick out ones that were very close.

Well today I'm trying to get all my cleaning done so I can sit my fanny on the end of the couch and stitch away without guilt.  It's a hot one out there today.  I have my clothes lines full, my floors mopped and vacumed and the dust has been dusted!

TCM and my needle calls.  They have been showing early talkies on TCM this morning....my favorite!

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you BIG BUNCHES for stopping by.....

So glad to be back home (I caught myself checking my pockets for the hotel key card as I went out for my morning walks the first two days back). **rolls eyes**     Good grief


~~Peggy Lee

22 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your finished red pieces!! Lovely!! Will I get up see them first hand in Oct?

I an jealous that you pulled threads and started on Verh's design! I printed mine off this morning, but not sure when I'll get to start it!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Yahoo for you, great finish, always love the reds. From one fanny packer to another, wishing you and MC a relaxing long holiday weekend. Will be quiet here, maybe the needle will visit, hmmmmmmmm.

Mouse said...

ooooo love the finishes and its a shame you can't get hold of her ..... enjoy your stitching time you deserve it and nice start to your new pattern too :) love mouse xxxxx

CalamityJr said...

Glad you're home safely. You certainly have gotten your home back in order quickly - way to go! Now you can just sit and stitch to your heart's content. Enjoy!

Nancy said...

Glad you are home safely! Lovely finish you have! By the way, I mailed "My Ways" out to you yesterday, so you can start starking the postman next week! Have a great weekend!

Bekca said...

Congrats on your latest lovely finish! What are you planning next for these two beautiful pieces? You're new start looks great, looking forward to watching it grow. Best wishes and happy stitching to you Peggy Lee.

Jennifer M. said...

Wow... what a lovely finish. Those designs look so pretty in red. Beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing your next project in the works. :D

Jen

Carmen Sutton & Jean Hohulin said...

Your samplers look great let me know when your ready to frame them!

Beth said...

Those are both lovely designs stitched beautifully.

Welcome back to the HOT Kentucky!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Your red samplers look great! I'm glad you made it back home safe and sound. You made me smile over your room key. Love that someone else does these things too. I hope you get a good case of flat bottom syndrome tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you stitch. :o)

Deborah said...

Love those red samplers! Glad that you are home for awhile. have a great stitchy week end.

Siobhan said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the finish!! It's gorgeous. I love the thread color that you used.

Myra said...

Gorgeous finish! You just can't go wrong with red in my opinion. :o) I know you are glad to be home - nothing quite like home sweet home.

Lee said...

Great finish Peggy Lee! I'll echo what everyone else is saying - there's nothing quite so pretty as a red sampler. It's lovely!

I wonder what happened to that designer? Maybe a Pennsylvania shop owner knows...

wendy111 said...

Congrats on your finish. The 2 samplers look great together

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Wonderful finish! Can't wait to see them framed. Thanks for the tip on the HS - Beth does some pretty designing, doesn't she? I know you're glad to be home - so happy stitching holiday weekend to you!

pam said...

Great finishes on the red samplers. Can you ever have enough red accents?

Valerie said...

Congrats on your finish! Both designs are lovely and I just love the Red Brick thread. So pretty!

Hope you have been able find lots of stitching time...I look forward to progress on your new WIP!

Parsley said...

Excellent job!! Oh wow!!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

What a wonderful finish. The two look great.

Jenny said...

You have a couple of fabulous samplers there, Peggy Lee. I can't wait to see how they will look framed!
Off to clean my kitchen-floor - I got a pang of guilt reading about you doing all your work before playing... ;-)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your finish! I like the colour change, the WDW gives a lovely subtle variation that the DMC can't.