Friday, September 23, 2011

It's a Stitcher's Prerogative........

........to change her mind!  I know I said I would be starting a design by LHN but I don't have the threads on hand that I need.  I have put them on my list for when I am able to go to The Strawberry Sampler in a week or so.  Instead I rummaged through my basket of charts that I have all kitted up, just waiting for me to stitch the poor things.  I came up with this one.........



It's "Praise God" by....yep, you guessed it, La D Da.  I even got to start it today while Masterchief was out in the addition working.  I'm stitching it on 40 count.  Ugh...why do I torture myself?


While lurking through blog posts today I found a good recipe for biscuits that are baked in a cast iron skillet.



  I only changed the recipe by adding 3 tablespoons of sugar but my Masterchief said I could add more next time so I think this one is a keeper folks!  Believe you  me....he will tell me if I should throw the recipe in the trash.  Truth be known I am glad he doesn't tell me how delicious everything I make is when it's clearly a bomb.  He absolutely LOVES my recipe for banana cake.

Well that about does it friends.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  It is cool and drizzly here but that's OK.  It's a great day for baking!

Ohhh...click HERE if you want that recipe for the biscuits.

Thanks for visiting......

~~Peggy Lee

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing. About the recipe for banana cake. I made the coconut cream cheese pound cake earlier in the week and it was fabulous.

Thanks again. Enjoy the weekend.

Mouse said...

oooooooooooooooo pretty :) and hope you don't get baskitits going shopping at the LNS ..lol and looks yummy those biscuits :) love mouse xxxx

Jenny said...

What a pretty design, Peggy Lee. I have not seen it before - always fun to see new stash... :-)

Catherine said...

I was wondering what you were going to stitch in the meantime! What a great LaDDa pattern, but aren't they all?

I need that banana cake recipe! Might give those biscuits a try soon too!

Deborah said...

Beautiful design. Those biscuits look great. Thanks for the recipe.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous choice for a new start. I had not seen that before and you enabled me right on to 123 stitch to purchase it. LOL

P.J. said...

Gotta tell ya, even if it is a month after you posted this. I saw this biscuit recipe from Blue Chateau's blog, so I was waiting for the right meal to give it a try. I definitely had left over dough, so I made a short bread as she suggested other wise I was gonna make a double batch of biscuits. Scumdillyumptious! Is the word that comes to mind in describing this delectable, melt in your mouth biscuit. this is so worth the little bit of work that goes into this. Thank you for sharing. I made my Grandmother's and Great Aunt's (sisters) cream chicken casserole and a tossed salad. I cooked down peaches with sugar n spice and had that over the short bread, perfect fall dessert.