Saturday, August 13, 2011

NO...Don't Go!!

Well here it is the end of the week already.  Time has a nasty way of buzzing by when you don't want it to.

I just wanted to pop in very quickly to touch base.  As you can imagine it's been a busy week here.











I haven't had a moment to stitch or browse through your blogs but I'm sure you understand!

Masterchief had to leave for Nashville the day Josh, Laymie and Liam arrived here.  I will be taking them back to the airport today and then I'm off to Nashville to join him.  This job should only last another couple of weeks so I will most likely stay with Masterchief until he's finished there.  I plan to stay in the hotel room and get as much stitching done as I can.  I've already packed a few things to stitch.  Of course I will be stitching on Singing The Blues by LHN.  Hopefully I will get that finished so I can send the chart back to Catherine.  I have also tucked Something Wicked This Way Comes by La D Da in my bag.  I think I've had that one all kitted up for some time now and just never started it.  I'm also bringing a sampler I've been working on for who knows how long.  Do you have any of those WIP's that last for years and every once in a great while you pick it up to put a few stitches in only to put it down and start something else?  Well that's what this one is!  Maybe some day I'll devote more time to it and get it done.  It's that darn border that always gets me!

I'm taking my little laptop with me as well.....to catch up on all your blogs.

The kids are back to school here already!  Have any of yours started back yet?  That just seems crazy.  I was shocked to see a school bus zoom past me out here in the country while I was taking my morning walk the other day.  Where did the summer go?  I would imagine it's hard for the kids to start back when it's still so hot out, although I have to say we here in southern Kentucky have had a little bit of a break from the high humidity.  It sure has been a scorcher this year!

Well I need to get packing and get squeezing my little Liam as much as I can before I have to send him back home with his parents.  I wonder if they would notice if I tucked him in with my things and took him to Nashville with me?



Until next post....do take care!
~~Peggy Lee

15 comments:

Sherry said...

Yep, I do have one those on going WIPs. And A Tree Grew by Rosewood Manor. I have been working on it for 5 years now and barely half way through it. Maybe one day!

Where in Nashville did MC go to? I like to keep track of your jobs and see if you are coming to a plant around here.

I hope you got in plenty of hugs and kisses before your grandbaby left.

Mouse said...

ooo looks like you had lots of fun with the wee one :) and oooo sounds like you are going to be busy stitching as plenty of time to get lots done yeahhhhh ... looking forward to the updates :) take care love mouse xxx

Myra said...

What a cute, squeezable little bundle of love!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Enjoy all those special, precious squeezes and then have a great time stitching with MC. We'll look forward to seeing your progress when you get back!

Carol said...

What a great bunch of photos, Peggy. Love the one of Liam trying to sneak into the kitchen cupboard!! I can surely understand how hard it must be to say goodbye to him and his mom and dad...

Have fun with all your stitching in Nashville--hopefully you can visit a couple of stitchy stores there, too :)

Tina said...

What a cutie! No wonder you don't have time for anything else!

Beth said...

Liam is just darling, and he looks a lot like Grandma!! Were you zooming around Lake Cumberland in those boat pics? We used to love to go there but haven't been in several years....

Yes, I have waaayyy too many WIP's that should be finished someday!

Jennifer M. said...

Liam is so cute!!! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family and was able to spend time with the grand baby. Time does have a tendency to fly by when we are having fun.

Enjoy your much needed stitching time in Nashville. I look forward to seeing what you have stitched.

Keep cool!
Jen

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Just found your blog. Liam is so cute! Have fun stitching in Nashville. (Your ABC sampler is awesome!)

Nancy said...

Loved all the pictures of your grandson, he is so cute! Glad you had a good week with your family! Enjoy your time in Nashville working on all your stitching projects!

Jennifer said...

Liam is a cutie pie!

Enjoy your time and hope your trip to MC is safe.

Jennifer

Bekca said...

It looks like you've been having a wonderful time with your gorgeous grandson, I'm sure you could sneak him into your suitcase :) I hope you get a nice long time to stitch when you're at the hotel, can't wait to see it when you get back. Best wishes.

Vonna said...

My goodness look how big Liam has gotten! He's a cutie :)
My kids start Tuesday (not a moment too soon, either! - they are bored out of their minds and bag no longer has any tricks left in it!)
Have fun stitching your fingers to the bone in Nashville!

Catherine said...

Oh Peg! The pics of Liam are adorable!! I know you must have felt so empty after saying goodbye! Hopefully you'll get to see them again real soon!

Enjoy Nashville. You know, I called it home for five wonderful years!!! If you go to the Stitchin' Post say hi to Pat and Mike Embree for me!! I worked for them in their framing section. Another favorite store of mine was in Clarksville, TN - however, they have since closed.

Kaisievic said...

He is sooooo cute. Little ones are just so gorgeous.