Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meeting a Fellow Blogger.....

I have met the best people since I started this blog!  While here in Tennessee I met yet another fellow stitcher/blogger.  Please meet Carmen from Cardan Antiques and Needlework.  She loves samplers too!  It all started with an email after she read my post last week complaining of the taxes here in TN.  I think I understand it all now but I'm still glad I live in KY.  

Anyway Carmen is so very talented.  She invited me to her home and gave me a tour of all her stitched treasures.  She has drawers, walls and cabinets full of them!  You know I always have the camera in front of my face but I was so busy keeping my chin off the floor that I didn't take one picture.  Oh she does beautiful work and she designs too!  

Her husband, Danny volunteered to fix Masterchief's truck.  The starter gave out on it and by the time he would get home from work he ran out of daylight.  We were both left speechless by the kindness of strangers.  I mean really..... here he is crawling under the truck getting all nasty greasy for a complete stranger!


We are eternally grateful to Danny for taking the time to help us on his weekend.

After Carmen showed me a few antique shops in the area we all went out for dinner at Carrabba's.  Masterchief and I have never been to Carrabba's before and we really liked it.


We almost wish we would be staying in TN a little longer but we will be sure to look them up if we are in the area again.

Here is a pic of all the charts and goodies Carmen gave me.  That's right.....she just gave them to me!  I am speechless again.......



I feel like anything I put here just won't express enough how thankful we are to Carmen and Danny for helping us out with the truck and for the kindness shown to us.  They are both very down to earth kind hearted people who would do anything for you.  THANK YOU BOTH!!

Here is a pic of progress on Red Border Study II
 I took this picture this morning but have stitched two more rows at the top since then.  I really like doing this piece because each row completed results in a mini celebration.  I didn't realize how much I had accomplished until I saw the last picture I took of this.  Of course I owe it all to Masterchief's starter dying in his truck.  He had to use the car to get to work and that left me with lots of stitching time in the hotel room. 

Today it took at least 15 minutes to load each picture up so I am calling it quits for now.  Masterchief should be here any moment.  He messaged me to say he was on his way back to the hotel because they have finished the job.  We will be home in a day or two now.  We want to take a day to do the tourist thing in Nashville before heading back home. 

A big HUGE thank you again to Carmen and Danny for your kindness and new friendship.  Words will never express our gratitude.  I am also so very inspired from looking at all the samplers on your walls.  I can't wait to get home to my stash!

Next time I blog it will be from my old Kentucky home!

~~Peggy Lee

13 comments:

Nancy said...

How wonderful to get to meet a fellow blogger! I sure wish you had remembered to take some pictures of Carmens work though! So glad they helped out with the car repairs and it looks like you all were having a nice time at dinner! Your sampler is coming along nicely!! Enjoy your time touring Nashville and have a safe trip back home!

Anna van Schurman said...

Does Carmen know everyone's going to stop in Tennessee to see her now? :) Make sure you go to a honky tonk. I so enjoyed them when I was in Nashville, and I don't even like that kind of music. It was just fun!

Deborah said...

What wonderful folks Carmen and Danny are! You are so lucky to have met them. She gave you some beautiful things. The red sampler is lovely and is stitching up quickly.

Peggy J Hill Sheppard said...

How wonderful to be able to still rely on the kindness of strangers. People never cease to amaze me. I love the treasures she gave you as well. Iam glad you had a good time and was able to make a new friend. Enjoy your tour...and be careful on your trip home.

Catherine said...

Wow!! What great friends you have made! Looks like you all had fun.

Your red sampler is lookin' good!!

Have a safe journey home!!

Carol said...

How delightful to meet a fellow blogger--and such a generous one at that! She really spoiled you, Peggy!!

Hope all goes well on your return to KY :)

Jenny said...

It sounds like the four of you had a fabulous time, Peggy Lee!
That pack of goodies looks absolytely fab and your red sampler is sooo pretty. You are really stitching along quickly on this one.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

How fun to meet a fellow blogger and one with a talented hubby too! What a great day you had together. I'm sure you will fond memories of your visit to Tennessee.

The sampler is looking great and new stash is always fun!

dixiesamplar said...

What a wonderful blessing and memory for both you & Carmen!! So glad you were able to meet and spend some time together!!

Love the progress on your Red sampler...

Ellen said...

Wow, what a day you and Carmen had! Sounds like so much fun.

Bekca said...

It looks like you and Carmen had a wonderful time together and all those lovely gifts she gave you look fab! Great stitchy progress, I bet you'll be glad to get home soon. Best wishes.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Sounds like a very happy time - and great stash sharing! Enjoying watching your red piece coming to life.See you in KY

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful time you had, it's nice to meet fellow bloggers. I love all the gifts that Carmen gave you, she is very generous.

Nice progress on your stitching.