Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Finish, a Start and a Crafty Idea!

I've had plenty of stitching time while here in Tennessee.  Yesterday it seemed that my head was...well, somewhere else.  I couldn't concentrate on anything.  Neither one of us has been able to sleep well here.  We adjust the air to where we think we will be comfortable and then we wake up through the night, sometimes hot and other times cold.  The refrigerator runs loudly and it will sometimes make that tapping sound like when housekeeping taps their key card on your door to announce themselves.  It took us a night or two to figure out no one was actually at the door at 2 in the morning! SHEESH!!

Ok so lets get on with the meaning of this posts title.........

Here's the finish......


I'm sure Catherine will be glad to have her LHN Singing The Blues chart back.  She's been so patient with my keeping it as long as I have. THANK YOU CATHERINE!!
Never you mind that the bird looks like a stripey toe sock.  I probably should have planned my variegation in the thread a bit better but oh well.  He's a happy little guy.  I chose to substitute the swirly thing for music notes like others I've seen.  Just in case you haven't seen or don't remember my first attempt at this chart...CLICK HERE to see it.  I had chosen a pretty blue linen and switched up the threads for a more colorful spin.  Well that's all history now and I really like this finished version.  I'm not sure how I'll finish it yet but I'm just glad to have it done.

Now for the start............


This is Heron House Designs Red Border Study II.  I'm not sure what year it was when I stitched the Border Study I.  I think it was 2004.  I know we still lived in Pennsylvania when I stitched it.  It's not framed at the moment so when I get this second one done I will have them both framed at the same time.  That will be pricey, won't it?  Let's just not think about that right now.  I'm using WDW Brick on this.  I really like the different stitches in a few of the rows.........


I love me some Algerian Eyes!!

The hint to the crafty idea is at the top of my blog page on the side bar.  I was browsing through blogs the other day and found this awesome idea to use old embroidery hoops.  I don't use hoops anymore so  I'm sure I have several stuck in the back of a closet somewhere.  I see them all the time at thrift stores and don't pick them up but now you can bet I'm gonna grab 'em!  Just click on the picture to check out Jane's blog.


I just spent the last hour or so on the phone with Carmen.  See her blog HERE.  She is a local here in TN and has offered to stop by my hotel and guide me in the direction of a few places to shop.  I love to meet my fellow bloggy friends and am thrilled to get to meet Carmen this afternoon!

Well I must give my laptop a rest.  It's darn near smoking now it's so warm.  Time to get stitching.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have SO enjoyed browsing through your blogs and leaving a comment here and there.  You all are so talented!

~~Peggy Lee

19 comments:

Mouse said...

Hi Peggy :0 nifty idea with the hoops another that has been shown over here is to make one onto a clock or put some stitched pictures in them too :) love your singing the blues finish .. off to go and nosy at your link before packing to go on my jolly hols :) love mouse xxxx

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Nice finishes, I like stripey and luv red. Thx for the crafty link:) xoxo

Jenny said...

I think that I may have said it in the past, but.. The LHN design makes me want to eat a bunch of cherries. Right now! LOL

The red sampler is gorgeous! When do we get to see a pic of your Red Border Study !? Nudge-nudge. ;-)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love your LHN finish! That's a really pretty red too. I can't wait to hear about your adventures with Carmen. I know you two will have a blast!

Anna van Schurman said...

Love that embroidery hoop idea!

Lisa Clarke said...

Great stitches! Have you been to The Stitchin Post in Berry Hill in Nashville? You must find it - it's wonderful. I am from Murfreesboro and now we live waaaayyy up in Michigan. When I come home, it's the first place I go. Have fun in TN!Oh, and I did both the sampler and the border one - love their designs. There's a smaller one too. Love one color designs!!

dixiesamplar said...

Now that is one nifty and thrifty junkin' idea!! And how pretty it turned out with the addition of the flowers...

I am soooo proud of you...you finished it this time! Peggy Lee, you did an outstanding job on it too...that bird likes he is singing a happy tune these days.

Loving the new start...what lovely bands and great choice with the thread...can't wait to see the progress.

Have a fun outing with Carmen...you lucky lady. No one ever comes to AL, LOL!

dixiesamplar said...

Good Lord, you would think I was drunk...I meant "that bird looks like he is singing a happy tune these days." LOL!

CalamityJr said...

Great job on the "re-do"!

Deborah said...

Nice finish! love the new start in red. Have fun with Carmen.

Gabi said...

Such a darling finish. Congrats. I like the music notes a lot.
Love your new start as well.
Wishing you lots of fun with Carmen :)

Carol said...

Love this finish--especially the musical notes. Will have to remember that when I get around to stitching it. Your new start looks lovely, too...

It's always fun to meet fellow stitchers--you know you'll never run out of things to talk about, that's for sure :)

Parsley said...

Such delicate work. You have a real talent my friend.

Bekca said...

Yay! You've finished it! You must be very pleased Peggy Lee, it looks wonderful. Love the new start too, and I'm still a fan of hoops but that's a great recycling idea. Best wishes.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love the bluebird! And what a great idea for old hoops...I always see those tins when I'm at the thrift shop but haven't seen hoops in a while. I'll be keeping my eyes open though. blessings, marlene

Mindi said...

Congratulations on an adorable finish! I'm loving your start on the red borders sampler, I've never seen it before and it looks amazing.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on the finish! Nic work on your alphabet sampler and I love this redwork piece.

Great photos of your very cute grandson.

Catherine said...

Whoo-hoo!! So glad that this bird made it!! It looks great and I love the stripiness (is that a word?) Great new start too, there's something about an all red sampler!

Love the hoop idea - there are some other great ideas on that site - thanks for sharing.

Hope you have fun on your day out. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Patty C. said...

Love the LHN - Bluebirds are so pretty ;)