Saturday, August 6, 2011

Anticipation...it's makin' me WAIT!!

Today was supposed to be the BIG day.  Josh, Laymie and Liam should be here right NOW but their flight was cancelled due to "no available pilot".  Now what is that?  That cut our time with each other short by one day.  The flight was automatically rescheduled for the following day.  Grandpa Masterchief will now only see them for a few hours and then he's off to Nashville for a job.  It was an unexpected call but when someone waves a dollar at us we can't pass it up, especially in times like these!

So....tomorrow I will be squeezing my little Liam!


He doesn't quite fit in to Daddy's boots yet but they better watch out....he will be singing bass before they know it.

Tomorrow is also my birthday and what more of a present could a grandma ask for?  I am so excited!


On another note........

I have a hard time keeping all of you straight.  Oh please don't take offense.  I read SO MANY blogs it is hard for me to remember who said what and who stitched which design.  I hope I am not the only one who suffers from this disease.  I say this in hopes to find a dear, sweet follower (or reader) who has sent me a couple emails telling me that I inspired her to stitch the LHN Bluebird piece in a colorful way.  A weekend or so ago she sent me an email with a picture attached to show me exactly what she was stitching since she doesn't yet have a blog.  I received the email while on the road with my phone and couldn't see the picture.  I figured when I got home I would look at it on the big computer and then reply.  Well wouldn't you know it, when I checked my gmail at home, IT WASN'T THERE!   I had somehow deleted it with my phone and now it's forever LOST!  So please....dear friend....if it was YOU who emailed me that picture of your stitching, I so badly want to see it.  Please, please send it to me again.  I've been just sick about losing it.

I haven't stitched anything in the past few days because I've been "Spring" cleaning.  I haven't even baked anything.  That's just not normal around here.

Until I blog again............

~~Peggy Lee

9 comments:

Karen said...

Hope you have a great birthday.... looks like you will have a great gift!

jennifer said...

Give him a squeeze for me too. Happy Birthday almost:)

Jennifer M. said...

Have a Wonderful Birthday Peggy Lee!

BTW...no "available pilot" you say? I have a question mark above my head too when I hear that? That is crazy. I'm sorry your time got cut short by such a stupid technicality as that. Flying is definitely not a convenient means of traveling anymore.

Have a great time with your family.

Jen

Mouse said...

ohh noo that's bad re no pilot .... HAPPPPYYYYY birthday to you ... you kept that one quiet !!! and hope you find the lost photo person so we can see it tooo :) love mouse
ps masterchief Barbeque sauce Fab :) and has a bit of a kick to it tooooo .. hot hot hot hahahaha love it .. thank you very much love mouse xxxx

Catherine said...

Okay - that's a bummer!! I do hope they arrive safely today - I've never heard the no pilot excuse (perhaps he fell I'll and had no backup). Love the pic of Liam in the boots!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can't believe you kept it quiet until the last minute!!!

Jenny said...

Have a wonderful birthday! Sounds like you are getting the best birthday gift possible!!! Have a wonderful time!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

No available pilot ~ maybe that was a blessing in disguise. My idea of flying is *get me there first, if the pilot has landed his plane safely and at my destination, then I'll pay for my ticket*:)

Bekca said...

Happy Birthday Peggy-Lee! I hope you enjoyed a brilliant day with your gorgeous grandson.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday! I think having your little sweetie there with you is probably the best present a grandma could have. Hope your day is good!