Monday, June 6, 2011

A Weekend Start

Good Monday morning everyone!  I really shouldn't be sitting here blogging because Masterchief and I have been invited by friends to a day on the lake but I wanted to show you what I started over the weekend...

Please excuse the wrinkles.  I grabbed it off the couch for a quick picture this morning.  This chart, "Singing The Blues" by LHN was so kindly sent to me by Catherine from Bramblewood Stitches.  Thanks Catherine!   I chose a pretty blue 32 count linen I had in my basket and also changed up the colors a bit.  I can't wait to finish it.

Yesterday I finished a little freebie offered by Heartstring Samplery.  You can find the chart on the sidebar at her blog along with others.  I am the first to admit I'm not the greatest at finishing so please keep that in mind...

I'm not the straightest stitcher in the world but I like it.

I think I promised a picture of "Ah Tis Spring" by Notforgotten Farm.  I haven't done anything to it yet.  I'm not exactly sure how I will finish it.  I don't think I want to frame it.  I'd love to have it on the front of a tote bag or something like that but that is most definitely out of my talent scope!  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I chose not to put the words "Ah Tis Spring" along the top for mine.  I might change my mind but for now I like it this way.

I think I'm slowly coming around to "normal " life here at the lake again.  Masterchief spends alot of time out in the addition.  He is really coming along out there.  I will take pictures this week.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Thank you for your comments...I appreciate the time it takes to leave them!  Really I do!!

~~Peggy Lee

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely start! That is a very cute pillow you stitched, you did a great job! Love the bunny too! It would look great on a tote. Go ahead and try it, I am sure you can figure it out!

Deborah said...

The little pillow turned out beautifully. I like the color changes that you have made to your LHN piece.

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Your finishes look mighty fine to me, congrats. Get to the lake girl, have a splash! xoxo

Catherine said...

Love your stitches!! Hope you had a wonderful day at the lake! Now let's see if blogger will let me leave you this comment!

Suzanne said...

Great stitching! I really love the pillow finish, you did a great job.