Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Singing The Blues progress

I've been slowly working on my latest stitch.  I decided to add another color to the mix.  When it came time to stitch the alphabet in this piece I wanted it to be in a different color than the bird.  I want that cute little bluebird to stand out so he will be the only BLUE in this piece.


I apologize for the nasty pic.  I ran an iron over it in light speed and threw it over the desk chair for a quick photo-op.  Remind me to go check and see if I turned my iron off.....

I thought since the alphabet was positioned in the upper left corner it should resemble sunshine...kinda...sorta...does that make any sense?  It was my mistake that I started stitching it with two threads instead of one like I had been using thus far.  I had already stitched a few letters when I realized I was using two threads so I decided to continue on this way.  I tell ya lately I have been all about embracing my mistakes and working around them!  It's a sickness I NEVER thought I would be afflicted with but I'm workin' it girl!!  I was always a perfectionist about my stitching before so this is as big of a surprise to me as it is to all you other perfect stitchers out there!   Oh by the way...I'm using DMC #783 for the sunshiny alphabet.

Masterchief and I went to Sam's Club today.  When we plan to go there it's usually an all day event.  It takes about 1 1/2 to get there from home.  He is out mowing right now and I'm feeling a bit guilty for not being out there helping him.  It's awful sticky out there!

I followed the advice of a couple dear bloggy friends and changed the way the comments are left on my blog. Please let me know if this is easier for you.
I also noticed that my one year blogaversary is coming up at the end of this month!  It hardly seems like a year.  I want to have a giveaway of some sort but right now I have no idea what I will be offering.  Be looking for a giveaway announcement soon!  I'll come up with something.  I'll have to keep this on the DL or Masterchief will be wanting to throw in a bottle of his favorite BBQ sauce!  Shhhhh.......    :o)

Hope the remainder of your week is cooler than mine!
~~Peggy Lee

18 comments:

Parsley said...

Loved seeing your WIP and the colors are great! I am going to stitch some tonight because I am so behind in progress.

Jon Lee said...

i love your bluebird chart. It is really hot here, 97 degrees today. I have some stitching to do tonight.

Deborah said...

I love what you are doing with bluebird. The color chances are wonderful.

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Very pretty, every home should have a sweet 'lil bluebird for good measure:) Off to set up the crockpot, another roaster here too, keep cool my friend!

Deb said...

Your piece looks great - such pretty colors.

I wish our Sam's Club was that far away from our house. My husband lives in there on the weekends and comes home with way too much stuff.

Kathy said...

I love, love, love your little Bluebird! :) The golden sunshiny alpha is a perfect touch.

Stay in and stay cool. :)

Karen said...

Blubird looks great! I love your colour changes.

Catherine said...

I am really lovin' your take on the colors - makes me want to redo mine! And I love the reason why you chose the yellow - perfect!

Nancy said...

Love your choice of colors! You are really making that design your own!

Mouse said...

ooo I like the changes you have made to this one ... must put this one on my to get list ..lol love mouse xxxx
www.talesofastitchingmouse.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Very nice changes, Peggy--love the idea of sunshiney letters :)

Jennifer said...

Your progress is looking good girlie!

Jennifer

Justflo said...

pretty stitching there. Looking good.

Hope you checked your iron!!!

Suzanne said...

Love your progress on Bluebird!

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Wow, how pretty! Love your color choices...and what a sweet little birdie.

I am just happy to finally be able to leave comments...I haven't been able to for over three weeks now...STUPID BLOGGER!! LOL!

Bekca said...

Hi Peggy! I'm back from my blogging break and I'm doing all the catch up reading to see what's been happening whilst I've been away. I LOVE the framed Liam's sampler! It looks brilliant, and the colour of the frame is spot on. Sorry to hear you've been experiencing uncomfortable weather but at least your stitching is looking fab. I hope you've fully gotten over that nasty bug you had and enjoying some peaceful time. Take care and best wishes.

Valerie said...

Love your Bluebird progress! The colors are fabulous! I know what you mean about the heat...it is pretty steamy here in Virginia too! Keep cool!

The Country Cook said...

Hi Peggy Lee, I just wanted to stop by and say thank you, thank you, thank you for your comment on my blog today. I can't even tell you how much it made my day, or my week, maybe even my month..lol. I put these recipes out there & I'm not always sure how much folks are enjoying them or if they are good to other people besides my family. Your comment really made it feel worth the effort for me. It truly made my day - thank you!