Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Country Cook

While I can't tell you exactly how I came across her blog, I can tell you it was one of the best "blog happenings" I've stumbled on.

Her name is Brandie.  I can honestly tell you I only read her profile information (very quickly) moments ago and found out she has also married a Navy man.  Well no wonder I liked her immediately!

I can quite honestly say she runs a VERY close second to the other recipe blog I follow (Pioneer Woman-Ree Drummond).  I have tried several of her recipes and each one has been a big hit with Masterchief.

I was among those who felt too proud to admit that I needed a recipe for iced tea.  Oh come on...I know you are out there.  She has an EXCELLENT recipe for iced tea on her blog.  Masterchief has declared it a keeper.  That one and her short cut apple danishes.  Brandie has since come out with those same danishes only CREAM CHEESE!!  Now I ask you.......how can anyone in their right mind bake ANYTHING with cream cheese and have it not pull you to your knees?

Another thing I like about Brandie's blog is her style of writing.   It's as if I'm right there in her kitchen.  She's very down to earth...just keeping it REAL.  I just know you'll love her blog.

Now HERE'S THE LINK TO HER BLOG.  I purposely didn't link any specific recipe because I want you to peruse her blog for yourself.  I am positive you will find many recipes to try.

PLEASE....please let me know what recipes you have tried.  I would so much like to know your opinion on this.

Remember to enter my mystery giftaway on the previous post by Saturday night!

~~Peggy Lee

9 comments:

The Country Cook said...

Peggy, I am just so absolutely grateful to you. Wow, I mean wow. I am moved to tears just reading this. I cannot even tell you how much your words mean to me. The fact that you would take time to write up a whole blog post. For me? I am just so moved by it. I wish I could just give you a big hug through the computer.
I never imagined anyone other than my family or close friends would read my blog. And to know that someone really is enjoying the foods I post about - well, it is so amazing to me. I am so incredibly grateful to you. I am humbled and thankful. You'll never know how much this has meant to me!

Kellie said...

Excellent blog! Thanks for sharing it. I immediately became a follower. I've seen several recipes that I want to try. :)

Jan said...

I am heading there now, thanks much for the headsup!

Debbie said...

And her guest today is Tonya, who is a friend of mine! Tonya's blog is just precious....and she really is as sweet as her blog sounds!

Catherine said...

I'm off to check it out - thanks for sharing!

Gooseberry Patch said...

We LOVE Brandie's blog and you're right - her writing does make you feel like you're right there in the kitchen. What a sweet tribute to a favorite blogger! :)

Nancy said...

Thanks for the link!

Brooks Walker said...

Peggy, I coudn't agree with you more about Brandie's voice, you really feel as though you're sitting at her kitchen table. Bless you for this kind gesture to a super neat gal i'm proud to call friend. Happy July 4 holiday to you-n-yours!

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Thx for link, anything that hints of Danish deserves looking into. xoxo