Sunday, April 3, 2011

Progress, a Finish and HELP!!

Hello Friends!

It's been a long week here in New Jersey.  Masterchief is already in the plant preparing things for the outage to begin.  I spent the week in training on the other side of the parking lot.  I didn't have very many tests to take this time as some of them are only due once a year and I was just here in the Fall.  This next Fall I will get hit with most of them once again!  There is one test however that everyone is required to take before gaining access to the plant EVERY time.  It's called the "procedures test".  I suppose I got too full of myself and didn't study as hard as I should have because I didn't pass it on Friday.  I am allowed one more chance to take and pass it on Monday.  You can bet your bottom dollar that I will get every question right this time!  It's a wake up call to get my head screwed on straight...that's for sure.  This next week will be our last week of eight hour days.  Next weekend the reactor is shut down and that is when they crack the whip.

I was able to finish ABCD by La D Da and work a little bit on Ah Tis Spring by Notforgotten Farm.

Hmmmm....I tried to put two pictures up in this spot but I got a message from Google saying I have reached my 1GB limit for loading pictures to my blog.  I've never heard any of you comment about this.  Has anyone else received this message?  Do we really need to pay to upload pictures on here after reaching a total of 1GB?  I can't imagine having a stitchy blog without pictures....HELP!!!!

I'm so disappointed that I can't put those pictures here but you can go HERE to see them if you want.  You might have to scroll down a bit to see one of them but they are both there.  Feel free to browse through all of the pictures you want.  Masterchief and I have been putting them up there for years.

Hope you all have a great week.

~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Sorry, no help here about 1 GB, but will be interested in your findings. Your LDD is fab as I knew it would be (always thought this design would make for a great long pillow in addition to framing), and you've a great start on NFF. I've been stayin quiet cause I know you're workin... xoxo

Deb said...

I've never heard that about the pictures, but I would be interested in learning about what you find out.

Catherine said...

Haven't had that problem with pictures, but like the others will be curious to know what you find out. Study hard and pass that test!! Your stitches look great - haven't had time to do much myself this week!

Anna van Schurman said...

I was wondering if you put up your photos full-sized (without resizing them)? I use Microsoft office picture manager (you can resize with picasa and other programs too) and resize to "web large" (in predefined width x height). Your photos won't be print quality--they don't need to be on the web--but they won't take up so much of your allotted space. I've been blogging for seven years, and I am no where near the max.

Nancy said...

Sorry you couldn't post the pictures. I too would like to know about this when you find out.

Hope you ace that test next time!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

The 1 gig goes very quickly when you post pics often, I simply refuse to pay the extra and spend a few minutes resorting pics from picassa, some you lose some you don't. gotta love money grabs...
Good Luck retesting and be safe.
as always

Jennifer said...

Congrats on you finishes!

As for the pictures, I wish I could help you....I've been blogging for almost two years and I'm nowhere close to the max. Can't wait to see what you find out.

Measi said...

I'm not surprised about the one gig limit. It's quite generous for a free account. I keep all of my photos on Flicks, and I do pay an annual fee for it for unlimited photos and storage. There are other photo sites as well.

Daffycat said...

That's odd, I'm at 181 MB of 1028 MB or 17% used and I've been blogging for over three years now. You might go to your PWA and see if there are any photos uploaded that you haven't actually posted on your blog. Those take up room too.

Nikki (Anna)has good advice too about resizing your photos, although I've never done that.

Suzanne said...

I find that I always resize my photos before I post them to my blog. Some of the photos my DH take are very large and I wouldn't get many of them on my blog before my 1GB was taken up. Once I load the phots onto my blog I then resize them using the blog function. I post heaps of photos on my blog and I think I have only reached about 20% of my usage.

Another hint it to check your Picassa account. Sometimes photos can be duplicated on there and these take up lots of space. However, I warn you to be very careful when deleting photos from Picassa. If you delete the wrong photo they will dissapear from your blog as well.

Justflo said...

Totally confused about this photo message. I've no idea about resizing pic ...Should I start to panic now????

I'll be watching to see what you find out.

Justflo said...

I have just found out where you can find out about your storage usage, https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageStorage. You will be able to increase your storage here, at a cost, if you want to.
I also found part of the google set up where there are some pictures stored on the 'picasaweb' and to my amazement there were pictures there that I have never put on the blog. So I have deleted these. Perhaps this has happened to you. That link is https://picasaweb.google.com/home Hope this will help. Must admit this info is courtesy of my DH looking into for me.