Sunday, March 6, 2011

No Stitchin',Lots of Spoilin'

I haven't been very good about following my blogs for the past few days.  My daughter-in-law and grandson were here and I was in HEAVEN!!

We left for Columbus Ohio on Thursday morning to pick them up.  My son was attending some sort of annual fitness expo thing.  I don't know much about it....lots of muscles being flexed.  We went to get Laymie and Liam to stay with us while Josh collected free protein bars and got lots of autographs from muscle-covered beings.  Let me just say here that women shouldn't do it.  That's all!



Columbus is a hair over five hours from where we are here in Kentucky.  It's about six hours from where Josh and Laymie live in Pennsylvania.  We met at his hotel and did the big switcheroo......and back to KY we drove with new cargo in tow.....


I wanted to get a picture with Liam and his sampler while he was here.  I was thinking maybe I could have it framed in the back of the finished piece so years and YEARS from now it could be found.  I haven't decided anything about that yet.  Does anyone have any ideas about that type of thing?  I want this sampler to be treasured for generations.


Liam checks the chart to see if I missed a stitch

Liam grants his approval to my progress on his sampler so far

Liam gets some advice from Grandpa
Liam needs to learn how to keep a secret...don't tell Grandpa all the things Grandma promises to buy him!

Grandma wishes she had one of these!  It would keep her busy for hours.

Sweet-tatie face!


These early morning visitors were glad I served ham and sweet taties for  dinner


Spring has sprung!  Our October Glory Maples are budding!!!

Well my weekend was busy but VERY happily so!  We arrived home at 4:30pm from taking Laymie and Liam back to Columbus to meet Josh/Daddy and I'm already in a big boo-hoo funk!!  I miss them already.  I really like living in Kentucky so much but this is the only reason why I miss PA.  I wish I lived closer to my Josh and his family.  Hey...maybe I can convince them to move to KY!

I will be spending this week packing and getting the house in order before we leave for work on Saturday morning.  We will be spending a week in PA visiting with family.

I just got a text from Laymie that they are at a stand still on Interstate 80 and still far from home.  The weather is terrible.  I'll be near my phone for a while!

Be warm...
~~Peggy Lee

15 comments:

StitchinSweetSue said...

He is just the cutest little puddin pop! Glad you had a heart-filled weekend xoxo

Measi said...

Hi there! I came across your blog via a link from another stitchy blogger and have been admiring your work. I hope you don't mind - I've added you to my Google Reader feed and may pop by once in a while.

Happy stitching (and congrats on such an adorable little grand-kiddo!)

Faye said...

Iknow they are there by now.....Liam is totally a little stud muffin....I know you could just squeeze him to pieces!!!! I cant wait until the day that I am a grammie myself!!!! They better hurry up, I'm getting OLD~~~hahahahahaha

Take care and I hope no storms will be in your area....Faye

jennifer said...

What cute tatie cheeks. Glad you had a good visit.

Catherine said...

So glad you had a good visit! Liam is such a sweetie! You could make a pocket on the back of the framed piece to put his picture(s) in.

I hope they made it home safely!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh what a sweet little grandson you have..he is adorable..and you are a beautiful gal yourself..have a great week ahead.:)

Deborah said...

Liam is such a cutie! Glad that you had a wonderful visit.

Cath said...

Lovely pics , hope they got home safe . X

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

well no wonder you didn't get much stitching in, but what a joyful time to have your littlin around. What a cutie patootie.
I hope you and MC have a safe trip and take care while you are working. Hopefully you will be able to post a time or two while away. We'll all be checking to see how you both are doing.
As always
Be always in stitches.

Natalia said...

That Liam is adorable !! You are one lucky grandma.. :-)

Mary said...

Liam is a little cutie!

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Oh how cute is that tatie face! Your sampler for Liam is beautiful! have a safe trip.
Teri♥♥♥

The Primrose Lane said...

I now believe in arranged marriages!! My grand daughter Christian is 1 and I can see that Liam will be perfect for her!! It will be great = we will be in-laws and can sit around and stitch and adore the great grand children!
The sampler is lovely - the blue is perfect - will talk as soon as my head allows me to...

Suzanne said...

What a cutie! I am glad that you had a great weekend together. Have a safe trip!

Siobhan said...

Liam is SOOOOO CUTE!! I love the sampler. What you could do is have the framer make a little pocket out of acid free backing and slip the stuff you want to preserve into the back of it. Or, have it put into an acid free envelope and ask the framer to put it between the stitching and the backing itself so it's inside the piece. Or do both!