Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Day With Stitchy Friends...

I had a great day today even though it was way too short.  I met Catherine (Bramblewood Stitches) and her friend Brett at The Strawberry Sampler. Afterward we went to Trader Joe's and the Christmas Tree Shop.   Here's a few pictures I took today...


I'm so glad Catherine was there to help me decide on what frame to get.  I think this one will match best with the woodwork in Josh and Laymie's house.  I'm so indecisive when it comes to these things and she really helped me alot.  Thanks Catherine!!

I wish I would have asked this very helpful lady's name.I've never seen her before in the shop but she was GREAT.   Thanks lady!

Here's me, Catherine and Brett at the shop....
Oh I cringe when I look at this one.  I really should have worn something other than my most favorite sweatshirt in the whole world today.  Comfy clothes should be left at home.  Lesson learned.
Oh by the way.....Kentucky plays tomorrow!  Woo-hoo!!!

Catherine and Brett at the shop


You'll have to check out Catherine's blog soon.  I'm not sure when she will post next but I DO know she has a few other pictures on her camera that will amuse you.

That's all I'm sayin'.

I had to leave the girls at the Christmas Tree Shop at 1:30 so I could go pick Masterchief up at work.  I wish I could have stayed longer but hopefully we can squeeze another meeting in before I have to go home to Kentucky.  I had a blast today.

Thank you...thank you....THANK YOU  Catherine and Brett for a memorable day (bunny hats and all).

Must go finish Masterchief's dinner.  He's a hungry boy today.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to go check out Catherine's blog!

Oh I almost forgot....
I have an addiction to those bags they sell at grocery stores.  You know the ones.  The bags to get you to not use the plastic ones.  The reusable ones.  I like to get bags from all over so for instance when I shop in Kentucky I can use a bag that only comes from a store found in the northeast...or vice versa, got it?  It's just a thing I like to do.  Anyway...I found this really cool looking bag at Trader Joe's today and it just so happened to be the last one.  Now if I was a true friend I would have let Catherine have it, right?  But lets face it friends, I only just "met" the girl and well, ya snooze ya lose, right?  Sorry Catherine but the bag is mine, ALL MINE.  To rub salt in the wound the very nice fella (good lookin' too) let me have this very fine $1.99 reusable bag for FREE....at NO CHARGE I tell ya!!  Maybe we could turn this bag in to the sisterhood of the traveling bag or sumthin' or other.  What do you think Catherine?
I picked up the shaker at the Christmas Tree Shop.  It will come in handy when we return home.


After Masterchief got done eating dinner tonight (because I've been working on this post for over an hour now) we played a game of cribbage.  He beat me tonight but tomorrow night I will have my revenge!




So after he won I insisted he refill my wine glass.  It's the least he could do.

OK I'm really going now.  I've got to steam my veggies for my dinner tonight.
Tomorrow I will post a picture of the scissors I picked up at the shop today!  I just LOVE them!!!

Until then...
~~Peggy Lee

8 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh what fun. Liam's sampler will look fantastic when finished. Congratulations. Glad you had fun with your new friends and that bag is to die for....
Be always in stitches.
As always

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

was or is your hubby in the Navy? love that trader joe bag..and I love your haircut and your comfy clothes.:) have a wonderful evening and have a great friday.;)

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Hey ~ La D Da ABCD is hangin above your head, it's gonna follow you for life:) Oh and MC def looks like he's getting younger, what's up with that ~ spill it MC!!! Looks like all had a great time, tfs. xoxo

Parsley said...

How fun! Love what you've chosen for the sampler!

Beth said...

Sounds like you did have a blast! That shop looks pretty cool too. Can't wait to see Liam framed - the stitching you know.

Deborah said...

Lian's sampler will look great! Sounds like a good time was had by all. All you bought at TSS is a pair of scissor? Wish I could be that good.

Catherine said...

So glad we finally made the "meet" happen! I promise to get a new post up soon - we had a baseball weekend and boy was it cold!

I have to check back at Trader Joe's to see if they got any more of those bags! I did pick up a cute springy one at the grocery the other day!

Suzanne said...

Nice framing choice for Liam's sampler, it will look great.