Tuesday, February 1, 2011

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

It's the glasses.  That's it!  The NEW GLASSES!!  That is why I've been making so many mistakes on ABCD.

No pics tonight but I just wanted to thank you all for your sympathy and encouragement about my recent visit from the frogs.  Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a strong willed, ornery, stubborn, bullheaded ... well I don't need to go on but I WILL NOT be defeated by this "simple" chart!  I picked it up right away this morning after making Masterchief his breakfast.  I stitched two...frogged one....stitched five.....frogged three.  I ended up ripping out at least three letters that I had just stitched!

 *Please refer to above description of myself*


I set my jaw and started again with a fresh strand of newly conditioned silk.  Things went well after I figured out that I had stitched TWO I's in the alphabet (along with several other counting mistakes).  I took my pain in the behind chart and accessories to the Nissan dealer to work on while I had the oil changed in the Murano.  Wouldn't you know it they worked at record speed today and I only got one letter stitched there.  I only have half of the letter A to do and then I can start on the border or the flowery portion on the bottom.  I will take a picture of it soon to post.

Laymie posted the most adorable picture on FB today.  I am so blessed to have her as my daughter-in-law and the mother of my grandson.  I told her I would share it with all of you here.....
Little Liam is three months old...TODAY!  Isn't he just precious?  Oh I know I might be a little biased here but come on....look at that face!  I could just squeeze the stuffin' right outta him!!

I'm going to work on the dreaded piece now.  Hopefully it will be a good frog-free night!

Let's drink a sip of wine to better stitching evenings ahead!
*clink* (that's a toast) as if you needed me to tell you...........

~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

Laymie said...

You should have edited me out of the picture!!! haha. I look horrible. That was first thing this morning when we woke up.

Peggy Lee said...

You look gorgeous as always!

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

My trifocals are zero help, finally gave up and now take off my glasses to stitch.

Getting old and more beautiful is such a HUGE P I T A lol !!!

Liam and Mom lookin good:)

Catherine said...

Well - cheers!! Hope this evening goes better! What a cute picture!! Love the look on Liam's face!

Jennifer said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about it being the new glasses! I think that is the main reason I didnt stitch much last week. My new bifocals just weren't cutting it. I couldn't see 30ct with those things and normally I'm a 40ct kind of girl. Thankfully, my Dad is my optometrist, so I'm hoping for a painless fix!

Glad to hear you are moving forward with success!

Jan said...

You know what they say about stubbornness being a strong attribute, versus a weak one? Well, this just proves it, 'persistent stubbornness wins the race and I can't wait to see your finished ABC...!!

Love the pic of your sweet daughter in law and precious grandson..you just keep bragging, you have every right!!

Cath said...

Hope the frogs have hopped back th the pond now .
Chin up and stitch on .X

Sharlotte said...

I know what you mean about trying to get adjusted to glasses. It's not easy sometimes.

Little Liam looks like he's saying "uh, I don't know about this mom". LOL. Love that look and that sweet little face!

Carol said...

Hang in there Peggy--you can beat those darn letters at their own game!

No, you are not prejudiced--Little Liam really is adorable :)

dixiesamplardesigns said...

What a cutie patootie...and that baby is adorable too, LOL! Love seeing the pictures of your sweet grandbaby...us grandmamas have to stick together.

Man, you sure are having a time of it with this one, aren't you??!! I'm with you on the stubborn nature though...I wouldn't let it beat me either!! LOL! Hang in there...it will work itself out eventually...

Uhmm, Happy Stitchin'??!!
Terri

Beth said...

Liam is darling, and so is your Daughter-in-law!! Good luck on the ABC's!

Teri said...

Oh Peggy,
Your little Liam is so cute! Boy time sure does fly by before you know it you'll be chasing that little cutie.
And I always have a hard time when I get new glasses ... It be much eaiser just not to have anything from my waist up age ...LoL!
Stay warm another storm is comin'
Teri♥♥♥