Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Thank You & an Afternoon Walk.....

Masterchief would like me to THANK YOU for all your birthday wishes.  He appreciates them very much and wants me to tell you it was HIS HONOR to serve our country!!

  Oh gosh I just love him to pieces!!


Anywhoo.....the weather was so nice yesterday we took a little walk in the afternoon.  We call it "the loop" because it doesn't matter which direction we begin out of our driveway we will always end up back where we started.  We usually tote the camera along and this results in alot of silly photos.  I have spared you from most of them but there might be one or two that  wouldn't ordinarily show but  I consider each of my followers here at Kentucky Sampler my friends and I would just about show you any picture I have!  Which leads me to wonder....why don't some of you show more pictures of YOURSELF?  I can think of a couple blogs I follow that I have NO IDEA what you look like!  I guess it really doesn't matter.  I just choose to let it "all hang out", I suppose.

This was when I said...."Hey you have to look at the camera you're holding out there".
OK...so, then he did!  He usually listens to me.  He's a smart man!

The tree-trimming guys were spending alot of time around our power lines during the Winter.  They left alot of cut wood that would serve someone well if they would only come and get it.  I found alot of branches with pine cones on them...oh they smell so good!



One of my favorite birds is a cardinal.  I also like Bluebirds and, well I could name them all!

We ended up just a few houses down from ours here.  We met up with the guy who built all these houses here.     Our good friend and neighbor, Gary.
 It was a windy day but he was tending to a pile of burning rubble.  Behind them you can see two foundations of his latest houses.  Gary bought himself a big piece of farm land and decided to build a development on it.  We were fortunate enough to buy the lot next to us and the two behind us so we wouldn't have neighbors right smack up next to us.  The lot next to us is now taken up with our addition.  I will have a much bigger bathroom and a larger bedroom soon.  Masterchief has a separate garage for his beloved 1990 GMC Sierra truck and also a workshop!
Gary and his wife Sandy have been dear friends to us since moving here. We are so thankful to call them friends AND neighbors!

Gary lets a nearby farmer bale the hay from the lots that aren't built on yet.  I couldn't resist..........
Now remember when I said it was a windy day?  That explains the hair, and the pregnant look!
You should have been here to see Masterchief try and get me up on that thing.  It was a comic show all of it's own.  Well what goes up must come down.........
A very flattering picture, wouldn't you say?


Well now let's get to why I created this blog in the first place, shall we?


I'm not sure how much progress these pictures show you from the last time I posted pictures.  I have done a few rows of the blue dress in Ah Tis Spring and I've also been working on my grandson's sampler a bit.  I am working the angel in the A block right now and will soon be stitching the M block.  I can't wait to finish this and take it to be framed.

Well that's about it for today.  If you are still with me I thank you SO VERY MUCH!!  I know long posts with lots of pictures can be a bear to get through when your reader is so full of blogs to catch up on.
I treasure EACH AND EVERY comment you leave....REALLY!!!

I leave you with this little thought......

You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back!

Have a wonderful week........

~~Peggy Lee

11 comments:

Beth said...

Cute pictures. Yes it was vewry windy yesterday, but that wind blew in some pretty big rainshowers and plunging tempa here,

You are doing great on both pieces - keep up the good work!

Catherine said...

What a fun walk!!
Your stitches look great too!

Parsley said...

Loved seeing you and your hubs enjoy the day and the stitching....wow!

Maggee said...

You and your husband look like very happy folks! Congrats in these days and times! Love seeing your progress reports. Hugs.

The Primrose Lane said...

I love the changed color of bunny's dress - I can't believe our husbands are the same age - they did well for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures and what fun you had on your walk. Your bunny is so cute. Have a great day and get some stitching in too.
as always

Erica said...

Thanks so much for sharing your life with us!
You live in a beautiful area!

Natalia said...

Sounds like you had a fun walk !!! Love your WIP...

Carol said...

It's so nice to see some scenery without the dreaded white stuff, Peggy! I love the photos--especially the one of you on top of the hay bale. As far as to why I don't post photos of myself or my family online, I guess I'm a bit shy, but I'd be happy to send you a photo of me if you'd like :)

I do love that bunny so much--have to mark that one on my "must buy" list.

Karen said...

Great pics! It looks like you had a beatiful walk. I absolutely love the stitched rabbit!

Tara said...

Hi Peggy Lee,thanks for dropping by.Thanks for telling everyone about my giveaaway.I'm now your follower too..xx