Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm In A Funk!

Hello friends!  I know I'll receive some sympathy here because I've read a few blog entries over the months since I've started blogging about how we occasionally go through a "funk".  I have been doing a little bit of stitching but I haven't been keeping up on my blog reading and commenting like I should.  Oh I have left a few comments here and there......even posted a couple announcements in my sidebar about giveaways but I just haven't had the gumption to do much else.  I am about fed up with this cold weather here in KY.  I remember last Winter when it would get down in to the 20's for a day or two.  Man that was COLD!  This Winter has had several days of 20 degree weather.  More snow predicted this week!

I need to change the subject quick.................

I finally got the alphabet part of ABCD finished and started stitching the flowers along the bottom.....

Sorry my picture is all weird looking.  This bloggy thing wants to rotate my pictures for some strange reason.  I tried to post this morning but it was acting up then too!

I have put ABCD away for a while and picked up Liam's Sampler again.  I need to get that done so I can have it framed when we go to work in New Jersey in March. I am on the "A" right now.  It will be finished soon!

I received my first monthly piece of linen from Sassy's Fabbys yesterday.




I love it!  I can't wait to see what next month will bring me.  I saw that Ma over at The Teakettle Corner also placed an order with Lauren.  You simply must go see these fabrics for yourself.  They are everything Ma brags them up to be!

It's only 7:30pm and I'm tired already.  I've been running out of steam early recently.  

I will try to blog-shop and leave comments for all of you.  I know I truly enjoy receiving an email telling me that one of my dear stitchy friends has left me a comment.  I try to do the same for you.  When I turned my laptop on this morning I noticed I had reached 130 followers.....but tonight I have 129 again!  What's up with that?  

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I appreciate you very much.

Hopefully soon I'll snap out of this and get Old Man Winter to release his grip on Kentucky!  Think he likes cookies?  I'm not above bribery!  

Until next time.....
Take care of yourself....
~~Peggy Lee







17 comments:

Karen said...

ABCD is looking good! I need to move this one up in the To Do pile. Hope spring arrives soon... I'm tired of the cold too!

happy, warm stitching....

Robin said...

Your ABCD piece is looking great! Enjoy your fabric from Sassy's Fabrics! I really like your selected linen color!

Stay warm!

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

I tell ya think funk is miserable, but I should have a post to share sooner than later. ABCD lookin real good, so is your Sassy's linen (swoon), Lauren is the absolute best...

Faye said...

Tell it sista!!! I have had about enough of this winter weather this year!!! And, this week I have morning duty at school which means standing on the cold sidewalk from 710 until 750 to help the darlings out of their cars for school..........brrrrrrrrrrrrr....NO SNOW anymore here please!!! okay, I'm finished whinig...Hang in there....Faye

Catherine said...

Tired of the snow, ice, cold and wind here too!! New fabric is always a good pick-me-up!

Glad to see you tackled the alphabet - perhaps the flowers will behave themselves!

Perhaps we can meet up on your next trip!

Mary said...

The ABCD sampler looks so pretty! And, the new fabby is such a great color. Bet you'll be able to put that one to good use!

I think everyone is about ready for all the cold, snowy weather to end and to finally have some nice warm and sunny days.

Let's contribute the "funk" to the nasty weather, shall we?

Parsley said...

Girl..I know this feeling well. I suggest doing something out of the normal. LIKE...join my crazy sock blog party on Friday. Seriously...it will bring a little cheer, right?

Beth said...

It is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend - that should help! Your ABC's is really looking good. Can't wait to see the A for Liam!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

well we are suppose to go up to 2 this weekend and we will be getting out the t-shirts and shorts up here... but you are right enough is enough! I love your ABCD, it is so pretty and from everything I hear of Lauren, I am thinking it will be my next stop after here. Hopefully she ships across the border...
Have a great day Peggy
Be always in stitches.

Carol said...

Hang in there, Peggy! I am feeling the effects of the long winter, too. This morning, I woke up, put up the shades, looked outside at our 7 degree morning, and said (out loud to myself): "I'm just SO sick of this!" Day after day of nothing but cold and snow...it really makes you feel beaten down, doesn't it?

Show us some photos of Liam--that will make all of us smile :)

Ma Teakettle said...

Ahhh, hugs, dear friend....I agree, enough already with this cold white stuff! Spring where are you? :)
I love the lettering style in your ABCD, it is beautiful and so is your progress. I can't wait to see your Liam's Sampler.
Hang in there...and know that I have BTDT with the bloggie funk, and that's when I just sit back and chill, and I remind myself that the blog world is for enjoyment not obligation....and always keep in mind that your friends (us ;)) love you and your blog whether you post or not...your blog drew us in, but you keep us loving you!
OK, 'nough with the mushy stuff....on to your Sassy's fabbie...gorgeous! I loooove the color, and cannot wait to see it in a WIP. I am adding a link to your blog in my post so that everyone can see how gorgeous your COTM is....I can't wait to see what arrives next month!
XOXO
Ma

Sally said...

ABCD is looking fantastic!

Sherry said...

I do hate those funks! I really like your ABC sampler. I hope your cold weather stays away now. I think we have all had enough Winter this year.

Deb said...

I definitely know what it means to be in a funk. I was going through that for the longest time, but I think that I'm finally getting over it. I hope that yours is over soon. And I hear you on the cold weather - I think that this winter has been the worse I've seen. Today it's about zero and the wind is blowing to beat the band. But, it's February, and after February comes March and it's got to get better, right?

Diane said...

My last stitching funk lasted over ten years. Let's hope yours doesn't last 1/1000th that long!

I was able to solve the turning pictures problem by rotating the pics in the camera to the correct orientation before uploading them to the computer. If they were wrong side up or sideways in the camera, no amount of coaxing or cursing would get Blogger to post them the way I wanted. Now it's just a matter of remembering to check the display and making sure they right ways around before plugging in the cord. Easy peasy!

Your ABCs are looking great, even sideways! Hope the frogs stay away!

Sharon said...

I get into those funks too and I can't even blame the cold weather! (I'm a Florida girl).
Even in your funk, your pieces are gorgeous!! Liam's sampler is sure to be treasured for many, many years to come!!!

Suzanne said...

ABC is looking great. Good to see those pesky frogs have left.