Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Finish & CAKE!!

How are you on this fine Sunday afternoon friend?  It was actually warm enough to wash the car today!  There was thunder to be heard in the distance but we got it done in time to put it back in the garage before it rained.  Masterchief does the outside and I usually do the inside.  I DO NOT do windows.  I mean...I will do them but they never turn out streak free.  It's just best that I don't, ya know?

I finally felt brave enough to finish my Rose Garden by BBD.  I sewed, ripped out and sewed again but I got it right, I think.  I don't know why I am so thick between the ears when it comes to these things but I truly am.  It's embarrassing!  I was this (<-->) close to sending it to Faye at Carolina Stitcher to finish for me but I really wanted to try it myself.  I wanted to have the satisfaction of knowing that I DID IT!  Well...I did it and the next one is being sent to you Faye.  I can't take that again!

I have it hanging on my lamp I sit under for stitching right now.  I didn't make the hole big enough for turning so I REALLY scrunched it up while turning it right side out.  I tried to get all the wrinkles out but I think there might still be a couple on there.  I stuffed it only lightly because it wanted it to hang nicely.  It's not perfect but I'm OK with it.

I made a coffee cake for Masterchief the other morning and it was just OK.  He said it "needed" something.  He suggested chopped apples or some kind of fruit.  So........I made it again yesterday and added two mashed overripe bananas and one chopped apple to the batter.
Success!!
I had enough little bites of it to make a serving so I hit the elliptical extra hard this morning.  I'm so glad tomorrow is my day off from that thing.  I usually do three days on and one off.  By the third day my back is telling me to take a day off!

If you are interested in the recipe for this yummy coffee cake I can email it to you, just let me know.

That's it for today.  Thanks for spending a moment with me.  I always enjoy your visits.

There are alot of giveaways coming up.  Check out my sidebar!

~~Peggy Lee

23 comments:

Daffycat said...

The little ornament turned out darling, Peg! I usually have to spot iron after turning. That linen likes to hold wrinkles!

My Life In Stitches said...

Your ornament is very sweet and it looks perfect to me.

Myra said...

I think you did a fabulous job on your ornament. So pretty. Now about that coffee cake, ahem it looks delicious and I would love to have the recipe. :o)

StitchinSweetSue said...

That's a fine finish! Your ornie is quite lovely too, good for you:) xoxo

Catherine said...

I think your finish is beautiful!!

Beth said...

You did great!!! I am trying my hand at finishing, and it is scary. But, I think the Rose Garden looks wonderful. So does your coffee cake, but we need another sweet recipe like.... DH weighs much more than he ever has, and I need to lose weight too.

Karen said...

You did a great job on your finishing! Cake looks yummy too!

robindefender said...

Well, I think your Rose Garden looks lovely. Congrats on your very own all by yourself finish (from a girl who's just starting to get comfortable with finishing herself!)

Carol said...

Your ornament looks just beautiful--I think you should be very proud, Peggy! And I would love the recipe when you get a chance--that cake sure looks yummy :)

Deborah said...

I love how you finished the ornament! It looks fabulous. The cake looks yummy, too.

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Great finish on the little ornie! Yum, Yum, I love homemade coffee cake ... Brings back memories ... My Mom always made homemade coffee cake ... I can't remember ever having store bought as a kid ... And as an adult ... I don't like the store bought.
Thanks for sharing ...
Teri♥♥♥

Sharlotte said...

Love the ornament Peg! It turned out great! I too, do not like to do windows , but here is a little tip. Wash the inside all the same direction, and the outside all the opposite direction. That way if you end up with streaks , you know which side they're on and won't be having to redo your redos!

Carol R said...

Great finish on the ornament1

Natalia said...

Peg you did a great job on the finishing !!! And that cake looks so yummy.... It would go greatly with the coffee I am just drinking :-)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi Peg, you know my Sisters name is Peggy too..won't tell you what her nick name is..:) I have several of those cross stitch patterns from your favorite designers..I am trying to sell them as I just don't do the counted cross stitch..to little and too much counting..but I love the stitcheries and love the prim ones too..I am now a follower and will check out kentucky on line ..we just want to be able to live on hubbys retirement..no bills etc..have some land and no work..unless we wanted too..and to be able to do my crafts..;) have a wonderful day..would love the recipe too;)my email address is ginacoop@hotmail.com

Natasha said...

I love how your finished piece turned out, great job :) That cake looks mighty tasty too.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Peggy!! You did a great job with the finishing! That cake looks good too. :)

Tara said...

The cake looks delicious and your stitchery is so sweet..xx

Justflo said...

Lovely finish , you must be really pleased with it. Wow it your cake looks fab. My DH said 'I could just eat a piece of that right now!'

Bekca said...

I'm just learning finishing techniques for the first time, so I feel your pain Peggy! It looks beautiful though, and who can ever spot a couple of creases :) Happy stitching to you.

Mary said...

The ornament looks beautiful! You did a fantastic job. The cake looks so yummy!

Suzanne said...

Car washing, what's that, lol! My DH usually waits until service time and they wash and clean the car inside and out for him. It's really quite disgraceful when you think of it.

I think you did a fantastic job of the finishing, you should be very proud!

Siobhan said...

You did a great job on the ornament! Lovely finish.