Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ah Tis Spring...

I've had this chart from Notforgotten Farm for a little while now and boy I need it this year after such a cold Winter!  It calls for all DMC threads and I spent a good part of my afternoon winding them all up on these little cards.  I did make one substitution though.  I think I am going to use DMC 3768 on the blue dress instead of 3848.  Here they are side by side:
I prefer the more "country" color of blue on the right.  The blue on the left is very bright and just doesn't blend well with the other recommended colors.  That is just my opinion though.  Lori also recommends that I tea dye it after stitching it.  I'm not sure if I will do that or not.  I'll decide that when I'm finished I suppose.

Here is my latest progress on Liam's Sampler....

I'm more than half way done now!  I need to get this done before March 12th.  We will be leaving for work by then and I want to have it finished so I can take it to The Strawberry Sampler to have the girls frame it for me.  Then I will gift it to Josh and Laymie for Liam.  I hope they like it.

We took the buggy up to our neighbors/very good friends house yesterday afternoon and she surprised me with this gift...
She certainly knows what I like, huh?  I've never seen a nite-lite in this blue willow style before!  I was so thrilled to have it.  She is a dear friend.
Here is a picture of it from back farther.  Now never-you-mind about the wine.  I am doing my civic duty to drink the one on the left.  It's strawberry-rhubarb wine from Nashoba Winery in Bolton, MA.  We bought a bunch of it a couple years ago and if I don't drink it up it will go bad.  Oh the trials I must endure..........
I also need to come up with something to fill up that big jar Masterchief bought for me.  I had Cheerios in it at one time but I never ate them and they got really old.  The crows wouldn't even eat them!  I want to use it for something that I actually will eat, not just something for decorations sake.  Any ideas?  Nothing fattening please!

Now to confess something I've been struggling with.  As you might know I recently became a member of the COTM club at Sassy's Fabby's  (That's Color Of The Month).  Well anyway...I've seen some of you who receive beautiful linens in the mail and start stitching on them right away.  RIGHT AWAY!!!  **GASP**

Give me a moment here....*clutching chest*

Ok...I'm alright now.

As you might also have noticed I received a pile of the most beautiful linens from my dear bloggy friend, Sandra (Mimi).  I have them all piled up nicely on the chair next to my stitching spot so I can gaze over at them at any time while I stitch.  I've refolded them....laid them out nicely.....folded them once again....run my fingers gently over them.  I just wouldn't dare stitch on any of it right away.  I  need proper time to stare at it and walk past it running my fingers over it as I go.  Now I ask you, is this weird?  Do I need counseling?   I even swiped a piece of linen from another project I had all kitted up for "Ah Tis Spring" so I wouldn't have to get in to my new stash.  I know....I'm SICK!

I'll leave you with a picture of my little love.  I can't wait to see him.  Only three weeks!
He has learned that when he smacks that little critter it plays music.  Look at that concentration!

Thanks for taking a moment to visit with me.  Your comments are always treasured!

~~Peggy Lee

9 comments:

Lee said...

My mom is like that with quilting fabric. She buys it and then can't bear to cut it because it's so pretty.

Robin said...

How about filling your jar with some type of pasta (like shells or bowties or spirals)?

Your Grandson is such a cutie!

Deborah said...

I understand the fabric thing and I do get around to using it. I also understand not letting the wine go bad. LOL Liam's sampler is coming along beautifully.

Suzanne said...

I have the same problem with my linens. I love them so much I just can't bear to cut them up. Nice work on Liam's sampler.

The Primrose Lane said...

That child is just adorable!! He always seems so happy - they are definitely doing something right!
My 2 little pumpkins were here this weekend - we are marking on the wall as Killian grows (in pencil!).
So glad you like the linens - it is great knowing they will actually get used!

Catherine said...

Love the look on Liam's face! Great stitching goodies all around - enjoy that fabric, I know you'll make some pretty things with that!

Bekca said...

Great progress on Liam's sampler, it'll be finished in no time :) I'm like with fabric too, I could never get some and then use it the same day LOL
Happy stitching to you!

BeckySC said...

I love your new start...I adore bunnies of any kind :)

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

I love your Blog...your photos...and your stitching...I love your LIAM Sampler...that is going to be beautiful when you get it done.