Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When It Rains, it pours.....

I've had this funny feeling during this past week that I REALLY want to go to PA to visit with my son, his wife, and my new grandson.  Well of course, you say.  Those babies change so much from day to day I feel like I'm missing so much.  Pictures just don't seem to work for me right now.  I am so grateful that my daughter-in-law takes the time to send them to me but...you know...it's just not the same.

I have since found out that my Aunt Peg in New York State will be having brain surgery tomorrow.

AND...my GREAT Aunt Joyce has died a few nights ago from a brain aneurysm.  Her funeral is tomorrow, in New York State.

I just got a call from my brother that my grandmother has been transferred from the nursing home to a nearby hospital because she is having trouble breathing.

My mother has her hands full right now.  Well....what am I saying....she ALWAYS has her hands full!!!  She is the primary care-taker (besides the nursing home) of my grandmother.  Her husband relies on her heavily because he is severely diabetic.  She desperately WANTS to be there for her sister during this time.

But here I am in Kentucky wanting to be contacted IMMEDIATELY if something should happen to my grandmother!

Oh boy....I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years ago.  I sure could use one now!!

Please pray...............


~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

Faye said...

Oh my~~~ Talk about your plate being full~~ I know you dont live near them, but still weighs heavy on your mind...I will hope for the best on all accounts....I too wish you could at least be near the new grandbaby.....(smile) Faye

Cath said...

Thinking of you , and sending big hugs your way . X

Jules said...

Oh Peggy, I am sending warm hugs from Florida your way! I do hope your grandma feels better and soon! And that the surgery goes alright; that God's hands guide the surgeon through that delicate territory.

Jan said...

Big cyberhugs coming your way, Peg...know it must be so nerve-wracking and feelings of helplessness setting in....hope that everything is okay, and you can be with them all very soon. Thoughts and prayers for your mother as she deals with everything, bless her heart.

Sharlotte said...

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts dear friend! ((( hugs)))

Beth said...

Prayers and poitive thoughts heading your way! Gosh I hope things get better. I don't know if you got the snow we have, but that would make the trip to NY much more treacherous. Please keep us informed!!

Catherine said...

Thought and prayers your way my friend.

Deborah said...

Sending prayers you way.

Carol said...

Hang in there Peggy! I can empathize with you in many ways! Sending prayers and hugs to you!

Natalia said...

Oh Peggy, sounds like a very difficult time for you right now. Hang in there, girl. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. No smoking though !! :-) That would only make you feel worse.

Bekca said...

Oh Peggy I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time. Hang in there and we'll all send hugs and positive thoughts flying your way. Take care and best wishes my friend.

Siobhan said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it is to be far away from your loved ones at a critical time like this. Big hugs.