Saturday, January 15, 2011

Progress Pics As Promised....

Good Saturday afternoon to you friend.

Here's a couple pictures of the progress I have made recently:

I finished Rose Garden by BBD.  It was difficult at times because I stitched this over one but I'm glad I did it that way.  It's so cute.  I had thought about making a little pin pillow out of it but I have a few of those already so maybe I'll hang it from a ribbon somewhere.  Does anyone else have any finishing suggestions for this?  I am really not that creative when it comes to this step of the process.

I finished "L" block in Liam's Sampler and have already started the "I" block.  I think it is taking longer to do these on 40 count.  I have been trying to devote more time to my stitching lately.  My house keeping might be suffering a bit but there certainly isn't any reason for me to go outside in this cold weather so I'm perfectly happy to park my backside on the end of the couch and stitch, stitch...STITCH!!

I did manage to get up off the couch long enough to make some of Gram's recipe sugar cookies the other day... I patted the dough out......
Cut the cookies out with a glass........
Scooped 'em up to put on the cookie sheet........
Sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon or nutmeg......

Oh they are so good!


Thanks for stopping by for stitching and cookies today.  I'm so glad you could make it!
Take care and have a great week....

~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

PegC said...

Not fair! I can almost taste those cookies--and their almost as pretty as the stitching!

Beth said...

I really like both pieces, but your Liam letter blocks looks like it would be incredibly hard to stitch. You are doing a beautiful job of it.

I have never been successful at baking sugar cookies, can't seem to roll the dough out right. Yours looks nummy!

Bekca said...

Well done on finishing such a tricky little project, it looks fab. Liam's sampler is coming on a treat too. I've never had homemade cookies before, but yours certainly look tasty. Happy stitching!

Mary said...

Rose Garden is lovely and looks so dainty! It would be very pretty hanging by a ribbon or cord so that you can see it often. Also, Liam's sampler is coming along nicely.

And, the cookies look divine. Wish I had some with a nice hot cup of coffee right now!!

Deb said...

Those cookies look wonderful. The pictures are so good I think that I can smell them.

Love your progress on your pieces, especially your alphabet! Such a great project.

Sharon said...

One post with TWO of my VERY favorite subjects!! Stitching and cookies!! Both are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Carol R said...

Two lovely finishes and the cookies look delicious too!

Blu said...

Rose Garden looks very pretty.
And those cookies look delicious!

Catherine said...

How about a needleminder for the Rose Garden?

What time is tea and cookies?

Suzanne said...

Great finish on Rose Garden and great progress on your sampler. The cookies look great.

Siobhan said...

Love your finish! Great progress on your Liam sampler, too.

Tina said...

Love the sampler. So pretty and detailed. Great Job! Keep on plucking away on it.