Saturday, January 22, 2011

I is for Inkwell, Iris, Inches, Ivy...you get the idea.....

I is also for I FINISHED THE I BLOCK!!!

Here are two pictures Masterchief took yesterday of me working on it....


And here is the finished block.....
I started the I block exactly one week ago and I've been really pushing myself to get it done in one week.  I don't think I will do that again...took a little bit of the enjoyment out of it.

Since I finished Rose Garden last week I haven't had a second piece to go to when I'm feeling a bit tired of just working on one thing.  Liam's Sampler is my main project right now but I like to have a smaller piece to pick up when I need a break.

So.........

I'm a sucker for anything by La~D~Da and also for any design with letters in it.  This should be a quick stitch. I had a piece of 35 count linen here that I cut a piece out of for this.  I picture my finished ABCD to be very distressed.  Here's what I did..........
Grrrrrr.....I don't know why this picture is posted this way.  I have it horizontally in my folder.  Oh well, you get the idea.  The piece on the bottom right is the way the linen looked before I distressed it.  I used this spray and I also sprayed it a bit with plain water and hit it with the iron immediately.  I did this several times until I got this result.    I was torn between two threads but I think I've decided to use WDW molasses.  It's almost the same as the Espresso Bean but just a tad lighter.

I might start on this tomorrow.

Oh I almost forgot.......I joined a Color of The Month program with a little nudge from Ma Teakettle on THIS POST.  You can go there and click on the link Ma provided for Sassy's Fabby's.  Lauren has the most beautiful colors that she dyes herself.  She was so patient with me and my silly questions and after several emails back and forth I decided on 20 colors of which she will pick out 12 to send me a monthly FQ of linen! You can set how much you'd like to spend each month.  This program can fit in to anyone's budget and Lauren is an absolute doll.  She carries all kinds of stitchy goodies so go right over to her site and browse a bit, won't you?

That's all for today friends.  I will soon be headed to bed.  I don't stay up much past 9 these days.
Thank you so much for your sweet comments.  I read EVERY one!!

Keep warm....
~~Peggy Lee

15 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on getting the 'I' block finished! Looking forward to seeing your progress on ABCD!

Lauren (aka Sassy's Fabrics) is a doll and her fabrics are positively delightful to stitch on!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jan said...

YAY for you in getting I block done, that is fabulous and that is a lot of stitching!!! I love what you did to the linen and I think that it will be great for stitching your ABC's...I too love La-D-Da designs!! Enjoy your slumber!!

Denise said...

That's quite a bit of stitching for a week. Looks great. So does your distressed fabric.

Beth said...

Your I is beautiful! I can't believe that you could do all of that in one week - whew.

I looked at the Sassy Fabric site, and I am thinking about doing it - you enabler, you.

Myra said...

Your "I" looks great - so intricate. I really like the next project you chose and like what you did with the linen. Sweet Vera is coming my way next weekend and we have plans to get together. Thanks for "introducing" us. :o)

Bekca said...

Congrats on finishing the "I" block, now onto "A" - you can do it Peggy :)
I love your distressed fabric and can't wait to see your new start. Happy stitching!

Carol said...

Your "I" block looks great (I've always loved that letter since my last name begins with it :). There is so much work involved in each block, isn't there?

Looking forward to seeing your new La-D-Da piece materialize...

Daffycat said...

Congratulations! "I" is Incredible!

Love your new sampler...I like La D Da and samplers too! The Molasses threads look to have a bit more variation too ~ pretty color!

Deb said...

Congratulations on the "I" block. You made a lot of progress in one week. I didn't realize that the blocks could be stitched up so quickly.

Love your new sampler too - La D Da has some great charts!

Laymie said...

I cant wait until March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Great progress, girlie!

Looks good. Yep, don't push yourself, because stitching is for fun, not work.
Love your linen too. I'll check out Sassy Fabby's too.

Jennifer

Catherine said...

Great job on your I block! I love the look of your distressed fabric - it will be fun to watch the progress of this one!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Meadows08 said...

You'll be done Liam's sampler in no time! Love the espresso and molasses WDW.

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Your staining looks fab, really fun isn't it! Overall finish will be on the dark side, so the molasses is better, she's gonna be a beauty. Wish you'd told me you were planning this La D Da! Are you doing her over 1?

Suzanne said...

Love the finish on the block. The fabric has turned out a nice distressed colour.