Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why does today feel like Christmas Eve?

We are having a very dear friend/neighbor over for dinner tonight.  I've been fussing over what the dinner menu will be...ironing the table cloth...will she like what I'm serving?  (I already called her to ask if she liked brussel sprouts)...YES!!!!!    Her husband is in Cincinnati with is 90 year old father who is not doing well.  Please remember him in your prayers.

I don't know why I'm fussing so much.  She is such a down-to-earth kind of friend who I could feed left overs to and she would be very happy with that.  Well anyway....the rolls are made, the coconut pie is finished, the banana cake with cream cheese frosting is ready, the potatoes are soaking, the ham is in the oven and the brussel sprouts are waiting to be steamed.  I made a cranberry salad that would serve as my entire meal and I would happy with that!  You just grind up some cranberries and an orange in the food processor and add some raspberry jello (prepared).  It's absolutely delicious.  If you want the recipe you'll have to ask!


Ohhhhh...they smell so good!

We are giving cranberry bread and home made Chex Mix to some of our neighbors....

Masterchief went to Lowe's to buy some insulation for the house.  I went browsing through the Christmas decorations and found this cute snowman.....
It has one of my favorite birds on the side of it....
I love cardinals and bluebirds.  The blue birds are still hanging around here.  They poop regularly on on the deck, I know that!
My Christmas spirit is coming out....slowly.  Today I was looking at my ornament-free Christmas tree and decided to go out to the garage and look for a few of my favorite ornaments.  Here are just a couple of them....

I'm so proud of my Masterchief making a career of the Navy.  I know it has been years and years that he wore a uniform like this one but it's NAVY and that's good enough for me!
This one is like a picture frame but I never replaced what it came with because I like it the way it is.

Masterchief just came in and took a picture of my most recent progress on ABC for me so I could post it....

So far I haven't made any mistakes......SO FAR!!


Well two posts in one day is beyond normal for me.  I need to get away from this thing and finish preparing the meal for our company tonight.  She will be here in less than an hour.

Hoping you have something delicious for dinner.................



~~Peggy Lee

8 comments:

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Nice pics, dinner and not one but TWO desserts ~ sounds so yummy, can almost smell them rolls from here in NY, ya'll have a swell time!

xoxo

Jennifer said...

Looks and sounds so inviting!

Wish I could enjoy some of it but work, work work this week for me.

Your progress is looking awesome!

Jennifer

Catherine said...

Yummy!
Your progress looks great!
Merry Christmas!

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Thanks for stopping by ...been a bit busy and have not had much time to blog hop to my favs. Just want to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Peace and Joy to you and yours.
Teri♥♥♥
p.s. I think it is going to be a white one!

Daffycat said...

Merry Christmas, Peggy Lee!

Siobhan said...

Nice WIP pic! Love the decorations, too. I hope you had a great Christmas!

Bekca said...

I'm sure your friend loved the meal you prepared for her, it all sounds delicious! Your WIP is coming along so well, that little elephant is adorable. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2011, I look forward to continue reading your blog.

Deanne said...

Your meal looks and sounds delicious, I could almost smell those fresh bread rolls.