Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Well I did it.....

I gave in.  I hauled the Christmas tree out of the back room and here it is in the living room.....
We keep it all put together and just cover it with big bags so it's easy to just haul it out and plug it in.  There is only one ornament on it and I'm happy with that........


We went to the Dupont Mansion  B&B in Louisville, KY for our fifth anniversary.  Here's a couple pics...

One of the dining rooms where we had breakfast each morning
Beautifully decorated staircase. There are three floors...we were on the top floor.
Gorgeous room with antique furniture
Of course I brought some stitching along
Now how cute is that?  They made the T-paper look like a rose on top!

We spent two nights there and had a very nice, relaxing time.  I was worried that I wouldn't like it because we just got home after spending so much time in a hotel while working but I assure you this was quite different.  This place cannot begin to compare with your average hotel.  My only complaint is that is was a bit drafty...well I mean COLD!!  But that's an old house for ya.

I have made a little bit of progress on ABC.....
I finished the dreaded D block and have started on E.  Isn't the elephant cute?  I actually have a bit more done right now because I worked on it last night too.  This picture was taken yesterday morning.

I've been slowly working on Rose Garden too.....
This picture doesn't really show the variegated colors well but it's really coming along.  Stitching over one is certainly a challenge!
I worked on it while in the waiting room at the Dr.'s office.  Masterchief had a routine appointment on Monday.  I actually remember to bring everything I would need to stitch this time!  I took this with me when I went for my stress test a couple weeks ago and forgot my glasses.  I tried to stitch anyway but ...ARE YOU KIDDING????  I couldn't see a thing!  It was only a couple years ago I would have been able to see this to stitch, no problem!  I also took this with me to the B&B but I forgot the chart.  Good grief!  I had to work on an old standby that I keep in the bag.

Well I'm going to be busy again today.  Yesterday I made several loaves of cranberry bread and also some cranberry salad.....



Thanks for stopping by and THANK YOU for your lovely comments!
Catherine asked if there was a bottle of Masterchief's favorite BBQ sauce in this giveaway.  No...there wasn't. I told him it wasn't allowed this time. He's already making plans to sneak one in the next giveaway.

For those of you who asked what I would do with all those eggs...I broke in to the last dozen yesterday.  They sure didn't last long.  There's another storm approaching so I better go get a couple more dozen!!

I wish you all VERY HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Nancy*Glory Bee said...

Your tree look beautiful. Loved the pics of the B&B too. I'm glad I'm not the only one that takes stitching with me wherever I go and I bring it out of the bag too! Merry Christmas....Nancy

Catherine said...

Your tree looks lovely! It all looks so warm and cozy - I can just smell the cranberry bread baking!

The B&B looks lovely as do your stitches!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Deborah said...

The B&B looked wonderful. Your stitching is beautiful, as always. Have a wonderful holiday.

Parsley said...

Everything looks so cozy and wonderful! Great job!

Sharlotte said...

Love the tree Peg! Glad you posted a picture of it! The B&B looks so wonderful and the room you stayed in is just Heaven on Earth! Wow! That cranberry bread looks wonderful! It's putting me in the mood for baking!

Merry Christmas!!!

Cath said...

Glad you enjoyed your anniversary weekend . That cranberry bread looks gorgeous .
Merry Christmas , hope you have a lovely time .
Take care . XXX