Saturday, December 4, 2010

Polly Found Hers!

Polly found her Christmas spirit!

I think she's trying to inspire me.  I woke up this morning and just look what I found.....
When I went to bed she was in her red bandanna and Arizona jeans!  Polly and I have been together for somewhere around 37 years.  I want to know how she got her Santa suit out of the closet all by herself.

Yesterday Masterchief hung the two pieces I had stitched for him and his father (in memory of).
 They both have the dates of service in the Navy and their rank at retirement.  Masterchief's father was a Senior Chief when he retired, just one step below him.  I'm sure he was very proud of his son and I wish I could have met him.

Here he is using what he calls my "girlie" hammer.....
It's one of those that has several sizes of screwdrivers hidden in the handle.  I've had it for years and works for most little things I would need a hammer for in the house.  Up until this point he has refused to use it and will make the trek out to his man cave garage to get his big 20 ouncer.  This occasion is so rare that I made a mad dash to my camera to capture this moment.  The only thing wrong with this picture is the absence of a pinky sticking up somewhere.  There's always next time.

So in the last two days I put Santa in charge of all incoming calls.......
and managed to......

~dust a few things
~wash the bedding
~clean the bathrooms
~run the sweeper
~bake these....

~work a little on this.....
I am determined to finish D block TODAY!!!

~finish the border on BBD Rose Garden.......
I don't understand why this picture wasn't rotated here....it looks fine in my file.  Oh well, you get the idea!

I also found time at the end of my day to browse through one of my favorite magazines......

I used to subscribe to this one a few years back but didn't renew.  It's an expensive magazine as subscriptions go but very worth it!  These two were waiting for me when I returned home from working in N.J.

That's about it today friends.  Thank you for taking the time to visit with me today.  I enjoy reading all your comments and have had a great time reading your blogs that I missed so much while away from home.


I am expecting you all to hold me accountable to the D block goal for today.  Hopefully tomorrow you will see a pic of it finished.

Until then....have a warm weekend!
~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Polly is adorable!! Now if you could only get her to do your dusting, washing, cleaning and sweeping, you'd have more time for your stitching! Your stitching looks great - and those brownies - yum!!!

Daffycat said...

"Girlie" hammer LOL! My DH rides his motorcycle in the Patriot Guard. He has a huge flag on his bike. He uses zip ties to keep the flag secured until they get to their destination and uses a pair of wire snips to cut the ties. One day he couldn't find his manly black pair...mine are pink. He was so emasculated...

Sharlotte said...

It's great that you have those two pieces to commemorate the time served in the military. Is that flag on the shelf next to your husband his dad's? Jack has his dad's flag that we keep on the entertainment center. Try to stay warm this weekend!

Beth said...

Glad to see you back in Kentucky!! Polly looks perfect in her Santa outfit! Your stitching is fantastic, and I want to know just what that was that you baked - it looked terrific!

Bekca said...

Man cave lol :) You WILL finish the D block Peggy-Lee, and then you can move on to the next one. Before you know it, the project will be finished :) I think your Christmas spirit is starting to catch up with you, a Santa ornament here and there and you'll be as excited as the rest of us! Happy stitching to you.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I can't believe you have Blue Willow dishes - so do I! I knew we were sisters of the heart. :) When Jerry and I married a friend's mother gave us a set - 1964. They are the kind with Japan stamped on the back. Since then I collect them whenever I find them and can afford the pieces. I saw a platter this past week but it was $60 - out of my budget. I also saw the salt and pepper shakers for that same price. I even have a few Blue Willow glasses...have you seen those? blessings, marlene