Saturday, November 13, 2010

TWO DAYS???

Well I just don't know how to act!  Two days off in a row!  I woke up at 2:30am anyway...UGHHH
That might have had something to do with the fact that we went to bed at 7:15 last night.  Yesterday was our first eight hour day and boy did it seem short.  By 7pm we were both too tired to stand straight so we went to bed.  We were only up for a few hours before we went back to bed for a couple more.  It will take quite a while after getting back home to adjust to the old schedule.  And when I say "schedule" I mean...NOT HAVING ONE!!

We went to the Strawberry Sampler this morning to pick up the two pieces I left there for framing and WOW...they did such a great job.  I have full confidence in their framer and have always been so VERY PLEASED with her work.  Masterchief took a few pictures while we were in there......


We were choosing a frame for my latest finish (stitched BEFORE the outage of course).


I can't remember if we chose this particular frame but if it isn't this one it was one very close to it.  This is "Flower Urn" from Homespun Elegance.  It was a quick stitch, something I don't do much of anymore.  For some reason I am always drawn to the rather large pieces that take a long time to finish.  I miss stitching so much and can't wait to get back at it when I return home.  I have a very good reason to begin in new project....L-I-A-M will be spelled out on at least one piece of linen very soon!!


Yes...that is my shnoz in the picture on the left.  It gets in the way sometimes. Sheesh..........
Remember when I was working on these two pieces over the summer?  Here they are...all framed up.  I just had to choose a gold frame for them.  Such honor demanded it!  I am so proud of my Navy Masterchief and only wish I could have met his Senior Chief father before he passed away.  It would have been an honor just to meet him once.

I did a little giveaway-shopping while there.....

Hmmmm.....let's just say there MIGHT be a pair of scissors in the giveaway I will be offering as soon as I get settled in at home in a couple weeks  *winky-winky*.  Be looking for your chance to enter!

We are meeting a co-worker for dinner at Chili's in an hour so should make sure I'm presentable.
Thanks for taking a minute to visit with me today.  I wish I had more time to read your blogs....I feel like I've missed something....out of the loop, you know what I mean.  Can't wait to catch up.

Cross an X for me.....
~~Peggy Lee

9 comments:

Bekca said...

Your framed pieces look great Peggy, I can't wait to see what you stitch up for little Liam. I will certainly be looking out for your giveaway and please don't feel left out of the loop, we'll all still be here when you return :) Best wishes.

Sharlotte said...

Great pictures Peggy! The frame from the Homespun Elegance piece looks absolutely perfect for it! Love the way the pieces you had framed turned out as well.

Jan said...

Peggy, the pictures are great! Thank your master chief for them. Your finished pieces are just so special, I know they will be cherished by the two of you. Get back to stitching when you can, I know how hard it is to have limited time for it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wonderful tribute Peggy, and I know you can't wait to get some time off. :) blessings, marlene

Catherine said...

Love the frames you picked!! I can't believe you were at the Sampler this morning!! UGH! Sometime we really have to make it work where I can meet you in person!!

Deborah said...

The gold frames are perfect! I also think that the frame for the HSE piece will be lovely.

Daffycat said...

I hope you are making the most of your weekend off and enjoying yourself.

Your frame-ups look fantastic! I really like the gold too.

Mmmm, Chili's sounds yummy but I'm sure you had your fill of eating out long ago!

Vonna said...

I've enjoyed Peg looking at all your pictures in Flickr :) I'm not around reading like I should, but I want to congratulate you on the birth of your grandson (boy he looks like his daddy!), I want to tell you all your framed pieces are GORGEOUS, can't wait to see the new ones framed :)

Siobhan said...

Your framed pieces look great, and it was so fun to see Connie in the pic! I call her my framing savant.

Your Liam is adorable!! My kids have two uncles named Liam on one side and a cousin named Liam on the other side. We're partial to the name. ;)