Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quick Post.....

A VERY quick post!  I should be in bed but have waited long enough to let you know about my visit with my first grandchild.  He was precious, of course!  I couldn't get enough of him.  We only stayed for a couple hours because we both had to get back to New Jersey to prepare get plenty of sleep for the new work week.

Today was our LAST 12-hour day!  I could almost cry!!  We will work 8 hours tomorrow (Friday) and then have the weekend off, then next week will all be 8-hour days.  Friday the 19th will be our last.  We will then go back to PA to visit with our little sweetie pie again for a couple days, then it's back to Kentucky.

Here's a couple pictures of our visit on Sunday......

This was the first time I held him, taken just as soon as I got in the door and washed my hands!  I was a bit teary eyed because it took me by surprise when I looked at him and saw how much he looks like my son when he was newborn.  So many memories came flooding back.  I was such a young mother but fell head over heels in love with my little guy when I first saw him.
I thought he was going to cry while I held him but he ended up just making this funny face then going back to sleep.

I like this one.  He had just finished peeing up over his shoulder while they were changing him here.  They say he does this a lot.  They will learn to keep that extra diaper handy while doing the quick-change!

Josh was always such a natural when it came to holding and caring for babies.  I was a foster parent for years while he was growing up and he was a big help to me with the little ones.  He could feed and burp a newborn like nobody's business at 14 years old!  I always knew he would make a wonderful father some day.  I am so proud of him and my daughter-in-law.  They both will be such great parents!

He sure does love his Momma!

Must get to bed.  I am so glad tomorrow is only eight hours.  We are both so very tired and miss our home in Kentucky so much.

Thanks for sticking with me through this.  I can't wait to get home and start stitching again.  Don't forget I will be offering a giveaway once I get settled in at home.  Did you see I have 106 followers now??  YIPPEEEE!!

~~Peggy Lee

16 comments:

Parsley said...

What a beautiful blessing!

Anna van Schurman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna van Schurman said...

What a sweetie!

Here's something for your new grandson.

Jan said...

Congrats to you, Peggy!!! There is nothing like being a grandmother and I know you will cherish each and every moment spent with him. He is adorable!!!!!

Colorado Stitcher said...

I am so happy for you!

Lesleyanne said...

Your grandson is adorable. Lovely photos - thank you for sharing.

Kathy said...

Congratulations to parents and grandparents!! Little Liam is just precious. (Liam is a wonderful name. We have a new Liam in our family this year too!)

I hope the time passes quickly until you see your beautiful grandbaby again. :)

Catherine said...

Babies do have a way of melting ones heart! He is so precious!!

Diane said...

Can I just say "Aaaaaaawwwwwww."? So cute!

Lisa V said...

What a little cutie! Congratulations Grandma!
LISA V

StitchinByTheLake said...

There's nothing more precious than a newborn baby. Congratulations! blessings, marlene

Carol said...

Congratulations--he is just so precious!

April Mechelle said...

Congrats !! He is so beautiful !!!! I know you love him already !! Just one look!!!

Bekca said...

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pictures of your new grandson. You must be so proud! And now you've only got one week to go before you see him again and finish work. You can do it no problem :) Take care.

Valerie said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! What a wonderful blessing. {{HUGS}} to you and your family!

Beth said...

What a darling baby, pretty Grandma, and very cute couple!! Congratulations on all accounts.