Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week three and counting...


The two little domes on the right belong to Salem Nuclear.  Each dome is a unit.  I worked on unit one this past Spring.  Now Masterchief and I are working inside the little dome on the left.....Hope Creek Nuclear.  This picture must have been taken during an outage because there is no steam billowing from the tower.  When you see steam, the utility is making money. When you don't, I am making money!!  : )

Masterchief is working on the refueling floor which is located in the very top of the dome.  I am working in the dry well which is about 100 feet below him.  Sometimes I will go up there to see how things are going but it's not a place I want (nor am permitted to) go roaming around.  Very high contamination levels up there!!!

The outage is projected to last about another 10 days if all goes according to plan, and sometimes it just doesn't in this business.  My first grandchild is due on November 11th.  Timing is EVERYTHING.

Thanks to all of you who have left encouraging words in your comments.  I have only been able to check out a couple blogs tonight.  I haven't turned the computer on in a couple days.  We were "early in" today so that meant we were allowed to leave at 6pm instead of 7.  We worked our twelve hours though because we started at 5:45am.  Sometimes just one hour makes all the difference.

We both are very tired and are headed to bed.  I like to be sound asleep by 8:30pm.

Please know I think about all of you during my work day.

Sleep tight.......
~~Peggy Lee

5 comments:

April Mechelle said...

Hey Peggy !! Thanks for sharing what you are doing. I was wondering what kind of job it was. You be careful around that waste... LOL

Bekca said...

It won't be too long before you're back at home with your stitching and your new grandchild :) Thanks for posting an update. Bed by 8:30pm sounds great, not sure about the 5:45am start though! Take care.

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
I hope you make it home in time for your grandbaby's birthday! Well, you are alomost there ... You'll be back home rocking and stitching before you know it. Take care of you both, and try to have a great week.
Teri♥♥♥

Justflo said...

You'll soon be back home now. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new grandchild. I bet you'll be glad to get back stitching.

Valerie said...

Keep up the good work and make that money! I hope that you are getting a couple of stitches in a day! Hopefully you will be home in time for that new grandbaby! Thanks for sharing!