Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Phase Two...and a Start!

Did you know that a dollar bill is six inches long?  I had to get creative last night while trying to measure a piece of 28 count fabric for a new chart I picked up yesterday.  I turned my stitchy bag inside-out looking for a measuring tape or a small ruler...NOPE, not there!!  I was about to walk down to the front desk to ask for a ruler when I got the bright idea to look up via the internet  the measurement of a dollar bill.  So after dragging the dirty dollar across my linen several times I measured what I needed to start this.....
You can't see the title very well here but it's called "Flower Urn" by Homespun Elegance.  I started it last night.  I probably won't get much of it stitched because I need to study to be ready for work on Monday.

While at The Strawberry Sampler I dropped off both "Thank You For Serving(s)" for framing and picked up the two finishes I had left with them for framing in August.  Here is Coffin Buzz: a FREEBIE offered by Paulette Stewart from Plum Street Samplers......
I love this frame and think it was the perfect choice to match the distressed look of the piece.
Next is Colonial Dry Goods by LHS.....
It may not show up too well in this pic but the frame has a slight blue/gray hue to it that goes so well with the choice of linen.  I'm not home to tell you about my choice of linen and fibers for this but I can tell you for certain it was whatever was recommended on the chart with exception of the words "purveyors of fine linens and threads".  I re-stitched them in a darker fiber because they didn't show up as well for my liking.

Now about the "Phase Two" part of this blog post title...............Remember last week when I had that 24-hour bug that took me 36 hours to recover from?  I have moved on to a new week with a new virus!  It seems my immune system checks itself at the New Jersey border saying, "No way, not goin' there, I'll be right here on your way back home."  Monday morning greeted me with a very sore throat.  Tuesday, my nose felt left out and wanted in on the fun.  Today, my entire head (ears, nose, throat, eyes) is havin' a par-tayyyy!!!  I think my chest has made reservations for tomorrow.  Wouldn't want it to feel left out, ya know!  While running around yesterday I stopped at Walgreen's and picked up some Emergen-C.
I'll let you know how/if it works.
When I was sick last week Masterchief came right home from work and headed for our little two burner hotel stove and made some ho-made chicken soup for me.  He is just TOO GOOD to me.  It worked such miracles that I made more of it yesterday.  Somehow it doesn't taste as good as his though.

Before I sign off here I want to tell you about this wonderful soap I found while in Malvern, PA in August/September.  There was a farmers market just up the road on Thursdays in a parking lot.  It was just a little thing but I found one stand that sold soaps and that's all.  (They also make soaps just for your pets).  They get alot of rave reviews for this stuff because it's supposed to help with various skin problems.  Well I don't want to this to turn in to a commercial or anything so I'll just tell you I absolutely love the stuff.  I buy the Vanilla Sandalwood scent because I'm all about anything "VANILLA".

  It's a small family owned sort of thing and if you want any more information about them I can give it to you.

Well I think it's time for another dose of Emergen-C so I better get to it.  I decided I was getting too much exercise earlier today and brought the box of tissues over to where I was sitting.  I have since added another box to my shopping list.  Those hotel tissues HURT after a while!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to visit with me.  It gets lonely in the hotel room all day by myself but that will soon change.  Monday will come too soon but hopefully I will be over this rotten New Jersey cold by then!

Your comments brighten my day!!
~~Peggy Lee

22 comments:

Catherine said...

Sorry I missed you at the Sampler - I messed up my weeks! If you get a chance to go again before you are done work and heading home to KY, please call!

Your pieces look great and I love that new start!

Hope you are feeling better!

valerie said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick! Hope you're on the mend soon.

Beautiful framing! That Coffin Buzz is a must stitch for me!

Anna van Schurman said...

This head cold that's going around is a killer. The dude is on week *three*. We go through nighttime cold medicine like teenagers raiding the medicine cabinet to get high. Hope you have the mild version!

moosecraft said...

Being born and raised here in Jersey... I will tell you that "only the strong survive"! LOL! I really do hope you feel better! It's rotten being sick... in fact, my dh is home from work today with a fever and coughing... too early in the season for this junk to start, if you ask me... anyways, all of your finishes are lovely! I REALLY love the blue sampler in your blog heading!

April Mechelle said...

Hope you get to felling better soon! Loved the framed pieces. It always feels good to start something new!!! Take care!

Beth said...

Those two finished pieces were framed perfectly!! I have a friend that would love the Plum Street Sampler. I will have to ask her if this is in one of her to/do piles. I also love the blue/grey of the the Dry Goods piece. I am glad you found something to stitch on while you are there.

I sure hope you feel better soon. I know it is because you left our great state of KY!!

Vonna said...

Homespun Elegance things are so pretty!! And this is no exception! And your framed pieces...GORGEOUS!!!
Feel better soon...have you gotten your flu shot yet? Maybe you better :)

Deborah said...

Love both of your framed pieces! Hope you are feeling better.

Myra said...

I sure hope you feel better soon. How creative of you measuring with the dollar bill!

Blu said...

Love your framed pieces!
Take good care of yourself, and hope you feel better soon.

Jules said...

Feel better soon!

Your framed pieces are fantastic. Can't wait to see more of your new WIP!!!

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Have always loved that HE Flower Urn, will enjoy seeing your finish:) Hoping you're in tip top shape soon. xoxo

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
First .... I hope you feel BETTER soooon! And your finishes are just so beautiful! Love the Plum St. Sampler!
Have a great week and thanks for stoppin' by.
Teri♥♥♥

Lisa V said...

Love your Colonial Dry Goods finish, the frame fits it perfectly. I have this one in my To Do pile.
I am also a fan of the Vanilla scent!
LISA V

BeckySC said...

(((feel better soon)))
Your framed pieces are amazing!!

Bekca said...

You're framed pieces look great, my favourite is Colonial Goods. That is the most perfect frame! I hope you feel much better soon, keep topped up your Emergen-C! :)
Happy stitching.

Natasha said...

Love both your finished, they did a great job on framing.

Hopefully you are on the mend soon.

Take Care

Siobhan said...

Your pieces look great! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. I swear by Zicam. Love that stuff! Hope you're better soon.

Carol said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather--I think the whole state of Pennsylvania is sick right now!!

Love your framed pieces :)

Hope your feel better very soon...

Robin said...

I am so glad I discovered your blog. My DH works as an IBEW electrician and he's worked in several Nuke plants across the country over the years. He quit traveling about 8 yrs ago and took a maintenance job in a steel mill so we could settle and send DD to school in one town. DD has since graduated high school and is in college now.....he'd love to go back out on the road. and if he did, I'd be with him!!!! So I've been in your "shoes" so to speak LOL....Glad you're in the same field now and you have your stitching! It always kept me sane when we traveled too. I still rely on my stitching like so many of us do.
Love your finishes...they are so pretty!!!
Glad I'm getting to "know" you thru this blog.......

Robin
www.robinpich.blogspot.com

Daffycat said...

Poor Peg. Get better quickly, hunny!

Love your frame ups! They both look fantastic and the frames are just perfect.

Cindy F. said...

Peggy!! Hope you feel better very soon!!

LOVE your beautifully framed finishes!! Wow!!

Re: your question on my blog....it took 9 mos. to complete "European Bistro"...but if I stayed off the games on Facebook, it would have taken 1/2 that...lol!!

(((GETWELLHUGS!!)))