Friday, October 1, 2010

Is It October Already???

These last couple months have gone by so quickly for me...however the last WEEK has slowed to a snails pace!  It's because I came here to WORK and I have to wait two weeks before I even go in for the first week which is just training and testing.  Everyone has to go through that first dreaded week.  I guess they want to be sure everything is still fresh in our minds. 

So to pass the time I've been studying and stitching....stitching and studying...you get the idea.  When I feel that my brain is about to explode (trust me this doesn't take long) from reviewing all this......
...I pick up my stitching.  I brought Thank You For Serving with me and finished it Tuesday, I think.  The beginning of the week is still a blur to me.  I was so sick on Monday.  Haven't been that sick in YEARS!  I think I mentioned on my last post that I didn't sleep "worth a hoot" on Sunday night.  Well...now I know why!  I agree with Parsley....HATE those public restrooms.  I'm sure I picked up that bug from out there somewhere.  Not much of a choice when you're on the road though. 

Here's a picture of both of the finished pieces together.....
I will be making the trip to The Strawberry Sampler next Tuesday to drop them off for framing.  I will also pick up the two pieces I left there while in this area in August.  I can't wait to see them.  I'll be sure to share them with you too!

The only other WIP I brought with me is this sampler.....

The border on this is killing me.  I made the mistake of doing this one with TWO strands of DMC.  I think this is 40 count linen so that was the wrong choice on my part.  It's alright until I have an area that is filled in with stitches, like each petal of the flower-like border.  The stitches are tight in there.  Live and learn.  I am kicking myself for not bringing along another WIP or project to start.  I guess I didn't think too much about the two weeks I would be sitting in this hotel room before I start work.  Masterchief's report date was two weeks before mine because he's a "Senior".  Today he has a class that will last all day.  My Friday of training week will be the same.  At the end of the day you walk out of there with drool hanging from your chin while babbling nonsense. 

I'd like to tell ya that this view from my hotel window makes me not miss home so much.....but I can't! 

I miss Kentucky so very much...and our friends.  When we get to home in November, I will once again be reminded of how thankful I should be that I have a lovely home with perfectly working appliances that don't take quarters and two clean toilets that very rarely see behinds other than mine and Masterchief's. 


OH!  I almost forgot, Parsley you will appreciate this one.....   I opened my hotel room door yesterday only to have two hairy little moppets run right in my room.  Scared me half to death!  They were the cutest little things.  I swear I am an animal magnet!  I think they are trying to turn me. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my lowly blog today.  I appreciate the time you take to read and leave comments.  I wish all of you a lovely weekend!

~~Peggy Lee

10 comments:

Parsley said...

You've been SO busy!!!

Yep...it's all in the master plan. You are being softened up to be a pet owner! ;-)

Vonna said...

Oh dear sick and not at home is horrible!!!

I think your stitching is gorgeous although I made the mistake once of stitching two on 40 ct....so I commiserate with you.
Keep on studying!!! and stitching!!

BeckySC said...

LOVELY stitching, Peggy :) :)

Bekca said...

Congratulations on your finish, both pieces look great. How horrible to be away from home and unwell, I hope you get much better soon. Take care.

Myra said...

Sick and in a hotel room has to be awful. I hope you are feeling better. I can't wait to see the TYFS all framed up - they are so pretty and a wonderful tribute.

Beth said...

Those are really lovely pieces which are not only pretty, but very meaningful. Great work!!

It will be fun seeing the pieces that you had framed - I bet they have turned out beautifully.

Kentucky is still very dry. We set records in the Louisville area as the driest and hottest September on record. Bummers

Maybe (just a little enabling here) you could fins something at The Strawberry Sampler to help you with your lack of WIPs. I am sure they would be glad to do that. LOL

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Your Thank you for serving(s) are just beautiful! And I made the same mistake using two strands of DMC on a small piece ... won't do that again...
I hope you feel better and your time there goes quickly!
Teri♥♥♥

Jennifer said...

They look beautiful! You stitch so fast!
I know it has to be hard not being at home, but at least you have your husband there and he sounds like he is a nice man, that's a big plus!
Home with a not-so-nice one is not fun...LOL

Hope you feel better soon. I can understand. I think Ipicked up something at the hospital cafeteria Friday. Within 30 minutes after eating and until today, had upset stomach. I was contemplating going in for fluids by tomorrow if it doesn't get better.

yes, 40 count, to me is more like work rather than a hobby! But it's so beautiful when finished.

Take care,
jennifer

Siobhan said...

Eek! Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hope you're feeling better soon! Love the stitching! Enjoy your trip to TSS. I can't wait to see your framing.

breezynorthwind said...

Hi Peggy,
This is Pam from Stoenfield Soaps! I was doing a search and came across your site. I want to thank you for your comments about our soap and am glad you love it. We really have fun making our soap and meet many wonderful and interesting people along the way. We enjoy hearing all comments about our soap - and appreciate the suuport we have been given from people like you! By the way I LOVE your site!Very entertaining....hope all is well and congratulations! Sincerely, Pam Butchkoski of Stonefield Soaps