Saturday, October 9, 2010

Flower Urn Progress...& THANK YOU!!

Happy Saturday to you Friend......

I hope you all have had a great start to your weekend.  After a rainy start to this week the weather has improved and the sun sure feels good!  I could never live in a place where there wasn't so much sunshine.  I believe it has healing powers!  It warms me inside sometimes more than it does on the outside.

I made some progress this past week on Flower Urn.  I studied some then stitched some.  When I felt my brain would explode I grabbed my needle to calm my nerves.  It really helps......
It's really coming along I think.  I start work Monday so I probably won't get too much more stitched on it.  I want to work on it a little bit when I'm done posting here and maybe tomorrow.

Have you ever grabbed the memory card out of your camera only to realize someone has taken pictures with it without you knowing?

 Masterchief came home from work on Thursday to find me stricken with a terrible sinus headache and absolutely exhausted.  It hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.  He gave me some sinus meds and tucked me in to bed.  I must have had a fever because I was freezing too.  It didn't take me long to drift to sleep.  This might sound corny but I just couldn't relax and let myself sleep until I knew he was back here in the hotel with me.  Well it might have something to do with the fact that the creepy guy that is housekeeping just let himself into my room here without so much as a rap on the door and the customary "housekeeping" call.  I thought Masterchief had arrived back early from work but I looked up from where I was sitting and found him standing there staring at me.  He doesn't do english so all he did was giggle at me.  I let him clean the room and then locked it tight after he left.

Since the sun has come out once again....so have the stink bugs..........
The outside of the hotel is coated with them.  They get on the screen of our window and I flick them off from my side.  I had to pull the car over this afternoon on the way back from Walmart to let two of them out.  I don't do bugs in the car while I'm driving.  Have you ever had a spider drop down in front of your face while driving?  I have.  That's creepy!


Masterchief and I went to a park close to the hotel last night.  It's right smack up against the Delaware River.  There were geese everywhere.  Here's a picture of some of them in the river with the bridge in the background.......
There is a walking path all around this park.  It takes me about an hour to walk/jog around it four times.  It's a pretty big oval.  In the center of this park is a pond where the geese like to gather............
I really like this park for walking when the weather is nice.  It can be a bit breezy here though being right next to the water and my ears can't take the cold air.  I always had ear aches when I was a kid and now I can't stand cold air on them.  Gives me an instant PAIN!  I should invest in a good pair of ear muffs.

My daughter in law is now eight months along in her first pregnancy.  Does anyone have any advice to make a mother in law not worry so much?  This is the only time I have found myself wishing I didn't live so far away from them.  I throw myself into a guilt trip because it was ME who moved away, not them. They are so young.

Well I'm getting sleepy and I want to cross a few X's before I hit the sack.

Thanks so much for taking a moment to visit with me today.  I would love to have tea with each and every one of you.  Wouldn't that be nice?

 Lastly.... a very heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who wished me good health.  I am feeling better with the help of some cold medicines and a boost of vitamins.  I felt your sincere wishes with each comment I read.  Thank you so very much!

Have a blessed Sunday and take a deep breath 'cause heeeere comes MONDAY!!

~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Jules said...

Wonderful progress on your WIP!

I don't seem to have a problem with having my pic taken while I sleep. I tend to take the pictures of others sleeping!!!

Take care...

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
I bet you will be so happy when you get back to good ole' KY. I hope the time passes quickly for you.
Thanks for sharing your great photos! (sure is a lot of geese)
Teri♥♥♥

BeckySC said...

Hey there Peggy :)
I am glad you are feeling a bit better :)
I LOVE your progress on the HE piece! It looks great :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
((hugs))

Anna van Schurman said...

I have the same problem with my ears. It doesn't even have to be that cold for my ears to hurt. But ear muffs give me a headache. It's such a conundrum. ;)

The urn is very pretty.

Beth said...

I am really liking the way the Flower Urn is looking - love the colors.

Hope you get to feeling better. I am sorry the wind bothered your ears during the walk, it looks to be a very pretty park - with LOTS of geese!!

Take care this week.

Suzanne said...

I love you urn piece that you a re stitching, what a great design.

I hate when my husband takes photos of me when I am asleep. It's never a pretty picture. Your looks lovely and peaceful.