Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Skippack & Other Things...

Ok...lets see how this goes.  I'm sitting here at the Wegman's Cafe'...goosebumps on my arms (cause I'm always so cold in air conditioning) hoping I have decent internet long enough to post all these pictures.

Here's few pictures of things I picked up while shopping in Skippack with Vera on Sunday.......

magnets


blue willow items

childs blue willow tea cup

chopsticks and teabag holder

We ate at Basta Pasta.  I'm so glad Vera suggested it.  The salad I had was very good and Masterchief ordered something having to do with meatballs...well it smelled good anyway.

Here we are at the table on the porch......


I'm so glad we were able to meet with Vera and her husband while here in PA.  We had a very nice time with them.  Masterchief and I must be a couple of light-weights though because we both collapsed on the bed upon returning to the hotel room and napped for two hours!  

Every Thursday there is a small farmers market held in the lower end of a parking lot very close to the hotel.  I bought these soaps there.  I wish you could smell them!  
  

While visiting with my son and daughter-in-law last week I stopped at The Village Stitchery (go back a couple posts) and bought the goodies to make this.....
The linen is R&R Reproductions Iced Cappuccino, 30 count.  I've seen Rose Garden by BBD finished many times on blogs I read and swoon every time!  I bought The Gentle Art Simply Shaker's Antique Rose for the roses but thought I'd do the leaves in a very pretty green color.  I'd tell you what it is but I'm not in the hotel room to look at it and I can't see it from the picture here.  

Still (slowly) working on Thank You For Serving for Masterchief's father.  It's very slow going I'll admit.  Living in the country I'm not used to having so many places to shop go so I haven't been doing much stitching. Before I know it the day has passed and Masterchief is home from work wondering where dinner is!   Here is what I have done so far.....
The flag takes a long time to finish.  When I'm done with those white stripes It will flow a bit easier.  I need to find out the exact dates he was in the service though.  I think a call to Maine (Masterchief's mother) is in order. 

I can no longer feel my toes or my nose.  I knew I should have packed a sweater.  I need coffee.  All that sounds so ridiculous considering I know it's over 90 degrees right outside this window.

We will be heading a few hours farther north where I grew up for the holiday weekend, leaving as soon as Masterchief gets off work on Friday.  I'll be sure to pack the camera with a fully charged battery...oh and that memory card thingy too (like I've never gone off and forgotten that, right?)

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with me today.  I appreciate all the time it takes my stitchy friends to blog and comment.  I have gained a new respect for all of you.  It really does take some time to put a post together, doesn't it?

Have a great weekend!
~~Peggy Lee

11 comments:

Denise said...

I am thoroughly enjoying your 'travel journal'-
seeing all the neat places and goodies you have found! Please continue to post photos as you have time and internet service.

April Mechelle said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! I am so enjoying traveling with you! lol

natalie said...

I love the chopsticks and tea bag holder! And I am a sucker for handmade soaps. You're not the only one that freezes in the store! I pack a jacket even though it's 100 outside. :)

Parsley said...

I got the major giggles reading this post. First the little tea things are CUTE! Especially the little tea bag holder.

Love the soaps and stitchy supplies. Made me wanna bathe while stitching LOL

So WIERD you can't see my blog updates. I'm really sad to hear that. Like I said I have one blog friend I can't see either. I click to follow but no posts show up.

Berit said...

I've become such a soap junkie! And I love that gorgeous stash; I've never tried anything from Lakeside, personally.

Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend. :D

Myra said...

It looks like you are having a grand time and finding some great things along the way.

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Love the blue willow! And that Lemon Verbena must smell like heaven ... Hope it will be cooler on your visit up north ... I has gotten hot here again ... Can't last much longer I hope. Have fun, and I enjoy all your post!
Teri♥♥♥

Bekca said...

Peggy Lee, you have the most charming blog, I love the way you write. You picked up some lovely items whilst shopping and I wish we could smell those soaps too! You're making great progress on TYFS and I can't wait to see more.
Happy stitching.

Diane said...

Great finds and stashing!

Had to laugh as I sit in the office with a parabolic space heater pointed at me when it's currently 93 degrees outside the door according to weather.com. The boss likes to keep the place cold enough to hang meat. I try to travel with a sweater at all times because I tend to get cold in air conditioning. Living in southern CA for nearly 30 years has made me soft. :)

Mary said...

I'm enjoying hearing about your travels and all the stitch shops ou've found. Have a great weekend!

Suzanne said...

Lovely items you picked up. I love the look of those soaps, I am can never resist a good handmade soap. Nice stash items and great stitching project.