Saturday, September 25, 2010

On The Road Again....

Hey there friends!  I'm so sorry I haven't blogged in almost a week.  I've been very busy.  I had all good intentions of blogging before I left home but it just didn't happen.

I packed way too much stuff, as usual.  I cleaned way too much, as usual.  I didn't drive at all this time!  After driving all the way home from PA just a few short weeks ago Masterchief felt so sorry for me that he wouldn't let me drive at all.  I slept quite a bit during the trip.  I only started to hurt during the last couple hours of this trip.

"Why did you drive to PA again" you ask?  Well here's the scoop........
Masterchief and I work in the nuclear power business and it's that time once again for our Fall work.  His first day of work is Monday but we left yesterday morning so we could spend a day or two with my family here in PA.  Tomorrow morning we will drive to the hotel we will call home for the next six weeks or so in New Jersey. I start work two weeks after Masterchief does.  He is a Senior Health Physics Technician and I am just a lowly Junior Decontamination Tech.  He's been doing this for years and I only just got in the business a year ago.  We couldn't bear to be apart while he would go to work so he got me in the business as well.  I like the work but I'm also glad when it's over and we can go home together.  We work in the Spring and in the Fall when the power plants do their shutdowns for refueling.  I won't be doing any stitching during this time and I probably won't be able to blog much either.  We will be working six, 12-hour days and our one day off will be spent grocery shopping for the weeks lunch box necessities, napping, doing laundry, napping, checking on our home in KY, napping and  more napping.

I tried to stitch a little bit while Masterchief drove and I almost tossed my cookies!  OK...I don't really eat cookies but you get the idea.
Here's a quick picture I just took of my progress on Masterchief's father's TYFS........

I have to put "Navy" in there yet and the little "USA" in the heart at the bottom.  I stitched the red white and blue lines at the bottom while Masterchief drove but there was no way I could count the spaces in the linen to stitch NAVY.  That's when I would start to feel pukey!  I will finish this in the next few days and take it to The Strawberry Sampler to have the girls there frame them for me.  I think I will choose a pretty gold frame for it.  Something simple yet lending to the patriotic theme.

Here is a picture that was on the camera of rolls I made before we left.  I gave one pan to our dear friends and neighbors and Masterchief ate the second pan in short order!


This was my second try in making these rolls.  The first time I forgot to add the yeast.  I know....duhhhh!!!!  

Thank you so much for visiting with me today.  I appreciate all your visits and comments.

I'll leave you with a picture that was taken just moments ago.........
These are my brother and sister-in-law's two dogs, Maggie Mae and Tucker, L to R.  Who needs a dishwasher when you have these two helpful souls in your home?  Why is it I'm surrounded by hounds wherever I go????  

Until next time.....
Have a wonderful weekend.
~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Do let me know when you are heading to the Strawberry Sampler so we can try and meet this time around!!

Those rolls look delicious!!

sylvia shenk said...

Iff you are in PA around Oct. 16 there is a stitching jubilee going on in Lancaster.
There are about 15 vendors. Every cross stitcher's dream.
Lancaster is about 35-40 miles from Strawberry Sampler

Myra said...

Embrace the hounds Peggy Lee! LOL Your WIP is really taking shape now and is beautiful. That is some job you have - we will miss you. Do check in when you can. Now about that recipe for the rolls...

Beth said...

It sounds like you all have a very interesting job/career. It is amazing what all you learn when finding out about the people on the net. Take care while you are up there, and I look forward to seeing that you are back in KY!

Your piece for your FIL looks fantastic. Please take a picture of it framed before you give it away. I can't wait to see it.

Siobhan said...

It sounds like a busy time! Enjoy yourself (especially at TSS!) and write when you can. Love the stitching!

Bekca said...

Your WIP is looking great, not too long before a finish I reckon. I will miss your updates, but we'll still all be here when you get back :) Take care.