Sunday, September 12, 2010

I DID IT!!

I'm very excited about these little pinkeeps!  I don't consider myself to be very crafty but I can usually follow a detailed tutorial like Olga's HERE.  I found her pin cushions by searching through blogs found on blogs....found on blogs.  Do you ever do that?  I thought they were the cutest little things and the size can vary depending on the size of the jar lid you choose to use.  Mine are different in size and I filled them with crushed walnut shells instead of poly-fill.  I like the weight it gives to them.

Well here they are.............


Now you knew they would have to be patriotic in style, didn't you?   :)

The hardest part was gathering the bottom up over the lid but it wasn't so bad.  I'm not used to working with a sharp needle so my fingers are a bit sore today.  I ran the eye-end of the needle through my finger!  OUCH!  I had a thimble close by but I just can't seem to operate with that thing on my finger.  I suppose as with anything, if I used it more often I would be OK with it.
A big THANK YOU to Masterchief who helped me stuff the little things.  I spooned the crushed shells in and he packed them down in there so I would have solid pinkeeps.

Well it's time for a Sunday afternoon nap.
Thanks for stopping by today.
~~Peggy Lee    ZZZZzzzzzzzz......................................

18 comments:

Parsley said...

Really...I'm so jealous at your skills it's just embarrasing! I can't do 3D things very well. Must try..must...

BeckySC said...

They are JUST perfect!! I love them! GOOD work!!

Beth said...

Those are really cute!! The fabric combination really looks terrific. Good job!

Myra said...

Whoo hooo! Those are really cute.

Meadows08 said...

Great job! I like the fabric you used.

Berit said...

So cute with the fabrics! When I'm doing finishing with sharp needles I put a nexcare (love 3M!) waterproof bandage on the thumb that I use to "drive" the needle--the adhesive part is VERY thin so I don't loose dexterity, and the pad part of the bandage is a great "thimble".

Deborah said...

I just love them! The fabric is wonderful. I've seen the tutorial and have wanted to make one and now I think I will.

Daffycat said...

OMG aren't they wonderful? Great work, Peg! I like a weighty pincushion too.

Faye said...

Too cute~~~~Love these~~~ Faye

Catherine said...

They turned out great! Sorry about the sore fingers though...

Jeanne said...

Just darling pincushions Peggy! Some years ago I made several "Snowglobes" from some popular patterns. You made either a Santa, moose, or snowman which would be glued inside the jar. Then you added artificial snow and decorated the lid. They were really cute but I was forced to run around town to antique stores and pay high prices for green Mason or Ball jars. They're not as easily found out here in the southwest.

Carol said...

You did a wonderful job on these, Peggy--hope your finger heals quickly :)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

How wonderful, I just love them.
Be always in stitches.

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Wow, you're sooooo crafty~don't you just love the weight of the crushed shells? Very HAPPY for you, sending you a big virtual pat on the back dear friend, nice job:) Have done the same thing to my finger, and yes~it hurts like the dickens, hope yours heals soon.

xoxo

Blu said...

They're so cute! Incredible job!

Katherine said...

Hey - I have the same problem with thimbles. I have been given two lovely sterling ones, but they just decorate my pincushion! Here's what I use instead - because shoving the eye of that needle into your finger really hurts! Go to the quilt shop or look online for these sueded leather thingys called THIMBLEPADS. They are self-adhesive and stick to your finger. Put it where you rest the needle on your finger and no more eye-of-the-needle-in-your-finger. They also have a kind that have a dimpled metal part on them, but I find the leather ones work well for me. Oh, they're reusable - when you pull it off, put it somewhere that you can peel it off again - the sticky lasts for several uses. Good Luck and great pincushions!

Siobhan said...

They are so CUTE!!! Great job!

Suzanne said...

I love these little pincushions, how very cute! You have done a wonderful job of them.