Friday, September 3, 2010

Homeward Bound....

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
WOO-HOO!!!!

Masterchief received word at quitting time on Wednesday that today would be his last day.  I've packed the room up and put what I can in the car.  The rest will go in the back of his trusty old pick-up.  I just love that thing!  It's a 1990 GMC.  She has some rust on her and she's showing her age but hey....let's not cast the first stone, huh?

So now that I have the car packed and everything cleaned up in the hotel room I'm sitting here bored to death!  I even packed my stitching away...how dumb was that?  I deserve at least 20 lashes with a wet noodle for that one!

For today's post I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself.  I'm not sure if I've done this before but I've seen it on other blogs and I've always found it very interesting to read of others likes, dislikes....etc....

Now these things are going to be very random in order.  Whatever pops in to my mind.  I'd like to give credit to the Stitch Bitch for blogging about herself on Wednesday, July 28 2004.  I love her very humorous way of blogging and have borrowed a few of these from her with my own answers.

1.  I like primitive designs.....but not TOO primitive.
2.  If I was made to choose I would say my favorite color is any shade of green but I love all colors found in an old sampler.
3.  I have an innie....waaaayyyyyy in!  That's what surgery does to one's button.
4.  I like cobalt blue glass and blue willow dishes.
5.  Two of my pet peeves: a man without a shirt and a woman with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.  Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a woman who chooses to smoke but really...take a drag and then remove it from your lips!
6.  I like anything having to do with apples, of any color.
7.  I collect wooden nickels.
8.  I HAVE cut my own hair, and learned from it.
9.  If I could be any age for a day other than 42 (which I am now) I would choose to be 61 because that is how old Masterchief is.  After which I would say something to the effect of..."YOU CAN HAVE IT"!!!!
10.  If you don't count going to New York with my grandmother when I was a child I never made it out of Pennsylvania before I met Masterchief.....or went anywhere on an airplane.  My life began when I met this man!  He has promised to show me the world and if I never travel a mile I will have seen it only by looking in his eyes.
11.  My favorite number is 14.
12.  I love ANYTHING patriotic.
13.  I once weighed 227 lbs. and wore a size twenty-two pant.  I now weigh anywhere between 145 and 150 and wear an eight or a ten.  When the scale says 149 I panic.  I once ate everything except for okra and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING!  I now eat vegetables as my main staple and seafood occasionally.
14.  NO....I am NOT a vegetarian.
15.  I am addicted to pretzels....the ones that aren't absolutely coated with salt.
16.  I strongly believe in re-gifting.  I would rather something I gave be given to someone who absolutely loves it than think it might be thrown in the back of a closet somewhere.
17.  I don't care to own a pet right now.  I was raised with either a cat or a dog in the house...or BOTH!  I can't stand hair, drool. or cat litter thrown about the floor.  Besides, it wouldn't be fair for me to own a pet right now when we travel so much for work.  This is not to say I won't own a pet some day.  Someday a little ball of fluff will win my heart and I'll put up with all those things I just said I can't stand!
18.  I was first married at age 16.....divorced at 18.....remarried at 21.......divorced at 33.....remarried at 37.  This one is IT!  I can't believe I had to go through all that to find the one I was supposed to be with.
19.  You probably know this one....I'm expecting my first grandchild in early November.
20.  I was reallllllyyyyyy blonde when I was a teenager.  What happened?
21.  I don't watch soap operas.  I don't really watch much T.V.  although I do enjoy old movies on the TCM channel.  I pick on Masterchief for liking the typical "old fart" channels like The History Channel, The Weather Channel, and Discovery Channel.


That's all I can think of now.  I hope I didn't completely bore you.  I've always found these things interesting to read of others.

I went to the laundromat this morning so I wouldn't have to carry home much dirty laundry.  I stitched on TYFS while there.  I was surprised that no one came up to me to ask me what I was making.  Usually when I stitch in public people are drawn to me.  Does this happen to you?  I can't say I blame them...I would stalk them like an Elvis worshiper!  I got the words "Thank You For Serving" done.  I can't take a picture 'cause like I said earlier....I packed it up already....bring on the wet noodle!!

I probably won't be posting for a while.  We are going to visit with my family a bit north/northwest of here until Monday morning when we will leave for Kentucky.  That trip takes about 12 hours and we have both vehicles this time.  I will probably need to stop more often than if Masterchief was traveling by himself.  I'm famous for falling asleep while driving.  He will be keeping a good eye on me, that's for sure.

Thanks for reading such a long post.  Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Until next time...
~~Peggy Lee

8 comments:

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Wow, you've been gone a good long while, and wouldn't yas know it ~NOW~ I've 3 days off, could've easily twisted my arm for a quick jaunt to PA ~ DRATS!!!

Safe travels back home:)

xoxo

Mary said...

Loved your post today. It is so interesting learning new things about you. Safe travels and keep those eyes open!

chris_stitch said...

Hi Peggy,
I loved today's post.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Chris

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Great post! Thanks for sharing, I enjoy knowing about the person who is writing the posts.
Have a safe trip back home. Nice and cool here for a change. BTW, I loved # 10!
Teri♥♥♥

Faye said...

Hey Peggy< You crack me up!!! Every time I read your post!!! Thanks for making me laugh and smile today>>>have a safe trip back home... Faye

Daffycat said...

Sorry, I just don't read posts without photos...

ROFLOL Actually, this was an awesome post! I love learning about my friends!

I married at 17 but was lucky enough to have found the right one on the first try. I wonder if he would say the same thing about me???

Siobhan said...

I enjoyed reading about you & getting to know you better. I hope you had a safe trip home!

Suzanne said...

I have enoyed following your road trip. Have a safe trip home.