Thursday, September 16, 2010

Critters & Progress

How does the day get away from me like this?
This morning we woke up with a jolt!  The wind started howling and the curtains were blowing.  The breeze caught the bedroom door and slammed it shut while we slept.  YIKES!!!  It was impossible to get back to sleep while our hearts were beating four times faster than need be.

So I did what any self respecting chocolate lover would do....I made BROWNIES!
I made two kinds of BROWNIES!  First I made Edgar's recipe for these gooey chocolate/peanut buttery bars.  Ohhhh...it's a sin to create these things. I should have taken a picture but as soon as they were cooled I cut them up and gave half to the neighbor and put the other half in the freezer.  I needed them out of my sight!  I also made a batch of regular brownies for Masterchief.  He doesn't like peanut butter mixed with chocolate.  I know, I know...there's something wrong with him there.  I manage to love him anyway.

Masterchief and I went for a bike ride the other night.  Here's picture of me trying to catch up with him.  I stopped to feed the miniature horses some apples...

When we returned home most of the tobacco fields around us had either already been cut or were in the process of being harvested.  Here is just one of the barns filled with the stuff.....

Took the camera with me during my walk one day this week.  Came across some very curious onlookers...

Mr. Epperson's pup is growing so fast...but it looks like he needs to grow into his ears


Those of you who know me just a little know that I'm not a big animal lover.  It's not that I don't like them, I just choose not to have a pet right now.  Maybe some day.  One that doesn't shed.....or drool....do they make them?
Don't dogs sense these things?  Look what followed me all the way home.........
Count them....FIVE DOGS!!!  Good grief.

Here's my progress on TYFS....
This one has Masterchief's father's name and dates on it.  I need to get it finished so I can take both of them to The Strawberry Sampler for framing.

Took a nap today, much like the neighbors adopted stray who has made my front flower bed his personal litter box.    ****SIGH****
There's my week so far.  Thanks for sharing it with me.
Also thank you all SO MUCH for your kind comments on my patriotic pin keepers!  I had alot of fun making them and I look forward to making more with other fabrics.

Hey!  Tomorrow is FRIDAY!  YAY!!  Hope it's a good one for you dear friends.
Thanks for stopping by....
~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Dog drool--and shedding--vary by breed. At the dog park, I've noticed the spaniel drools and so do the Dalmatians. Terriers are non shedders, but very high energy. Stella's not a drooler, but I do have to have slipcovers on the couch for her because she can fill a vacuum bag in no time. (Well, if only she would vacuum after herself!) Still, there's nothing like unconditional love!

Hillery said...

Great pics. Your pin cushion turned out so great. I love the fabric choice. I'll have to try my hand at it someday.

Bekca said...

You know, for someone who's not a big fan of animals, you certainly manage to see a lot of them! Great stitching on your WIP, have a lovely weekend.

Daffycat said...

ROFLOL You know all the dogs are thinking, "Way cool! This lady is taking us on a walk! A real walk! With a lady! We are going with her! A walk, cool!"

Sheba sheds bunches but only drools if she watches you eat and she's really wanting a bite. But I'll take dog hair (poo smell & all) for that "OMG I am so glad you are home!" greeting any day!

Faye said...

Not everyone knows about "bakker" barns.....But, I DO~~ahahahaha.... Loved that shot of you the mutts too.....You made me laugh this mornign with your comment on my blog!!

**sigh**

Have a good one! Faye

Suzanne said...

Great photos from your ride. Now who can resist a good brownie. I know I can't resist, but just one small piece makes me so sick, too much sugar and I have to have a lay down.