Let's list all the other reasons to celebrate.........
1. My son's birthday is TODAY!! He's the ripe old age of 24. By the time I was his age I was married twice and he was 6 years old! He's a bit smarter than I was at that age.
Here is his hospital portrait.......
2. My daughter-in-law's birthday is Thursday! She is one year younger than Josh. They went to school together and got married right out of high school. She's a sweet girl and I'm lucky to have her as part of the family.
3. Their anniversary is Friday! They will be married 5 years. Josh and Laymie were married 4 months before Masterchief and I were married. That year was full of new beginnings for all of us.
4. My birthday is Saturday! I don't mind telling you I will be 42 years old on that day. I always have to stop and think though. I never thought I'd get to the age when I'd have to pause before telling how old I am! Wish Masterchief were here to give me my birthday spankings but I suppose I'll just have to be patient. Do any of you receive/give birthday spankings? I've come across a few people who have never heard of such a thing and I feel so sorry for them! It's a tradition here, always with one at the end "to grow on".
5. Last but certainly not least......I want to thank every one of my 74 followers by offering this scissor frog as my very FIRST GIVEAWAY!!! (sorry, scissors NOT included)
The response to my new blog made my head spin and I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to stop by and comment. You've made me feel like a part of the "family"....giving me words of advice and encouragement when I've needed them.
I will pick the winner the day after my birthday, Sunday August 8th.
~Leave a comment on this post to enter once.
~ Be a follower (or become one) to be entered twice.
~ Post about my giveaway on your blog and tell me about it to be entered three times.
Since I'm new to this giveaway thing I will write down your names for each entry and draw one from a hat/bowl...whatever. I don't have the first clue on how to do that computer generated number- picker-outer thingy.
Oh I almost forgot.....do any of you remember when Masterchief's idea of a great giveaway was a bottle of his favorite BBQ sauce? I'll throw that in too! I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. He's full of
It's after 8pm and I'm starving. Had a busy day doing Spring cleaning in August! Just a little late. I'm going to go steam some veggies for my dinner.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck to all who enter my VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY!
Can you tell I'm excited????