Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Finish, One Start!

I have wanted SO BADLY to show progress on my latest WIP but couldn't because it's a surprise for Masterchief.  Well I can't stand it anymore!!!  I made him promise not to look at my blog until he comes home in September. I'm sure I can trust him. Shhh.....don't tell!

Yesterday I finished "Thank You For Serving" by Sunflower Seed.


I didn't know if I had to worry about his full name being on here so I covered it up with my needle case. Should I have to worry about that?
After pressing it and taking pictures, I started working on one in memory of Masterchief's father...who retired just one step under him as a Senior Chief.  I am very proud of them both.



I went for a bike ride the other day and found this adorable little donkey down the road.  I rarely see him because he's usually down in the lower field.


I gave him a piece of apple I had packed for the horses.  He enjoyed it!  He told me so!

Don't forget.... this is the last day you can enter to win a scissor frog (along with a few little goodies).  This is my very first giveaway and I'm very excited about it.  I have found many friends in blogland who share my passion for needle art.  Just comment on THIS blog post to be included!
Since a bottle of Masterchief's favorite BBQ sauce will be included in this giveaway...(upon his insistence)...I will call him in New Jersey and ask him to pick a number between 1 and...however many entries there are...and wahhh-lahhh - we will have our winner!
GOOD LUCK to each of you.
Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate the time you take to leave comments.  I read every one!

17 comments:

Natasha said...

Ohh I love your finish. I am sure he will take a peek but probably wont tell you :)

I think my brother would LOVE this so I am going to add it to my list. He retired from the Air Force after 25 years...

God Bless our military!!

That donkey is cute, when we use to visit Big Bear in the Southern California Mountains there were a ton of Donkeys they have since been relocated to the dessert but they loved Ruffles LOL

Take Care

Parsley said...

Cute project and OH MY...the donkey. Love it!

Jules said...

I absolutely ADORE your finished piece! I am gonna have to find that pattern...

The donkey is very cute. I saw some a few days ago while out delivering flowers and thought of you and Tina (from My World According to Me...) and your donkey pics! LOL... I think I will take a drive over there tomorrow and get some pics.

Berit said...

Beautiful--I can see why you are so proud! :)

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Such a fitting tribute for your military men, beautiful! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PEG~hope your day is extra stitchy special:)

xoxo

Myra said...

Love the piece you stitched for Masterchief - he is sure to love it. The donkey is very cute!

Bonnie said...

Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks
I enjoy reading your blog.

Deborah said...

Wonderful finish! Masterchief will be so pleased and proud. I think that I may we entered already.

Catherine said...

What a fantastic piece for the Masterchief!!

Daffycat said...

This is AWESOME Peg! He will be so touched with this. *hugs*

valerie said...

beautiful tribute to MasterChief. Great job! That's nice you are doing one for your FIL too!

Carol said...

Oh, I see why you couldn't wait any longer to show us! What a wonderful tribute--I know he will love it.

As far as the full name thing--I just covered up my last name on my latest finish, too. I really think it is a matter of choice, but I think more like at least a tiny bit of privacy :)

natalyK said...

Love the piece you stitched for Masterchief. He will love it!

Anna W. said...

I love this piece! Who is it by? I would like to stitch it for my hubby. I love your blog, the background is gorgeous as is your blue sampler. My hubby had just gone TDY the day I read your blog for the first time and your hubby was away as well. I realized I was feeling sorry for myself and that it could have been worse, he could have been going away for longer as your hubby was. Thanks for sharing. I hope I win!!! Would love the frog and it will force me to get those americana scissors ( I Love Americana,my kitchen decor will tell you that if it could speak! :-)

Katherine said...

The Navy piece is nice. My son is former Navy, so I'll have to add it to my wishlist. I agree with Carol about the name thing, but I think fewer people show their full names on their blogs than folks that do.

staci said...

I LOVE your finish! What a fitting tribute for MC!!!

That is a really cute donkey, I'm sure he thought that apple was the perfect treat :)

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful finish! I am sure he will love it.