Thursday, August 12, 2010

Numb Butt.....

Well...numb and it just PLAIN HURT!!  Yesterday I drove 12 hours to where Masterchief is in Pennsylvania.  I knew I'd probably join him at some point but I didn't think it was going to be this soon.  He got done with the first leg of the job on Tuesday.  He called me and it only took a moment for us both to decide that Wednesday was the day we would see each other again!  I scrambled like mad to get things done....stop the mail...tell the neighbors etc.....

When you're on the road for 12 hours you see alot of crazy drivers!  This guy was eating a burger with the foil wrapper around where he was holding it.  Every time he brought it up to his face for a bite the wrapper covered his view of the road.  With each bite he swerved all over the place!  I mean....REALLY?????  I have always had a weight problem so one of my golden rules is NEVER eat in the car!  Before you know it you've eaten a whole days worth of calories and you don't even realize it!  And besides...you could kill someone!

At times I got stuck in traffic and we were going at a crawl........
Yup that's right.....12 MPH!  This was all because someone had rear ended anther car and they were pulled off the road with the police taking care of it and people were gawking at it as they drove past.  As soon as we cleared it we were moving right along.
I sailed right through the welcome sign to West Virginia but I managed to get the camera up in time to snap the Maryland sign.......

and the Pennsylvania sign........


I showed Masterchief his "Thank You For Serving" and he was so touched that his eyes welled up!  I'm so very proud of him and he really appreciated the sampler.

I paid for a month at LA Fitness in Collegeville, PA.  Went this morning and I really like it.

Must put this hotel room together now.  Stuff is still sitting all over.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I just LOVE your comments!

P.S.  I am DANGEROUSLY  close to The Strawberry Sampler in Glenn Mills, PA!

~~Peggy Lee

7 comments:

Berit said...

lol@ "Dangerously Close". :D

Have a nice time visiting MC and that local fitness club. :)

Jan said...

Awww have a glorious time with your Masterchief, Peggy!! And be safe on your trip home!

natalyK said...

If you are that close to the Strawberry Sampler then you must go! How can you not? Glad you made it there safely. Hope you have a good time in PA

Deborah said...

When I lived in Delaware I shopped at Strawberry Sampler all the time. It is a great shop. You will love it. They have downsized but still a trip worth making. Have a great time in PA

Sharon said...

Oh, I'm so happy that you and your Sweetie have been reunited (and that you had a safe drive!)
I'm right there with you w/ not eating in the car - I shouldn't eat when I'm sitting on my couch for the same reasons... :(

Oh, you simply MUST go to the Strawberry Sampler! We used to live not-so-far from there - I miss that place so much. The customer service
there was always wonderful. At any rate - enjoy your sweet reunion time the most!! :)

Catherine said...

So glad you made it to PA safely! Enjoy your time with hubby!

You must try and get to the shop. I was just there today. They have the Primitive Needle trunk show and starting tomorrow (in honor of Friday the 13th) and I believe through Monday - all Halloween is on sale!

Carol said...

Welcome to my beautiful state!! Hope you enjoy your stay and your time with Masterchief :)