Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friday's Find...

I spent yesterday checking out a couple antique stores I've been passing by all week.  I found this old sewing basket at an antique store in Frazer.  I collect them......

Look at those scissors!  I wonder what the screw is for on them?
The strawberry cushions were sold as "ornaments" but they look just like pinkeeps to me!   They are filled with polyfil but I might try to open a seam and fill one with crushed walnut shells. 

Here is pic of the girls at the antique shop.  They were so very nice and we got along like we had known each other for years.....



I stopped at Kohl's (my favorite store) and bought an "outfit" for Masterchief.  It just kills him when I call his clothes "outfits".  I didn't take a pic of his britches but here is the shirt and tie.  I just love the tie, don't you?


I also picked up this book at Target.  I haven't read through it yet but from what I've seen so far it's a good book.


Masterchief has weekends off on this job so this morning we went to a little diner I noticed through the week in Frazer, just a couple miles away from our hotel.
I just had coffee 'cause I don't do meat or eggs but Masterchief enjoyed his breakfast very much.
Saw this bull celebrating Christmas a bit early on our travels today.   I've been carrying the camera with me all the time now and snapped this one from the car window while Masterchief drove.....

Looks like the internet held up for me today.  I better sign off before that bites me in the behind though!

The weather is beautiful today!  Enjoy yourself whatever your weather.
~~Peggy Lee

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

What an awesome thrifty find! That screw on the scissors is to stop the close so you can make even depth cuts. Does that make sense???

Katherine said...

Wow, and I just thought the screw was to take them apart for sharpening. Guess you learn something new every day. Yes, I do love the tie in the new "outfit". Think that sewing basket was a real find!

Teri said...

Hi Peg,
Love the old sewing basket ... And the strawberries fit well with it.
I try to snatch them up when I see them. My very first one I bought was in VT. for $1.00 still have it. It was loaded with all sorts of old sewing notions.
Sounds like you are having a great time.
Have a wonderful week!
Teri♥♥♥

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Great score on that basket-love it. Shirt/tie is REALLY nice!

Karen said...

I love the old sewing basket! The strawberries fit right in! Looks like you're having a great time! :)

Deborah said...

What a great find! Love the goodies that are in the basket.

Bekca said...

The strawberry pincushions are adorable! I hope you're enjoying your trip :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

There's an antique shop/junk store down the road from the mission where I am now and I keep thinking I'll stop in but never do. You've inspired me - I'll be stopping in there later today. :) blessings, marlene

Suzanne said...

Nice find with the basket and sewing accessories.

Anna van Schurman said...

Gosh, I wish I had known you were in my neck of the woods. Did you get to the Classic Diner at all? That's my favorite in Frazer.