Monday, July 12, 2010

Yucky Socks & My First RAK!!!

I'm so excited to tell you about the RAK I found in my mailbox today!  I know I have said this before...but the kindness of fellow stitchers I have found in the blogosphere continues to amaze me.  Faye from Carolina Stitcher sent me this beautiful pin pillow and three of her home made pins!  Poor thing had pity on me after seeing the picture of my pencil eraser needle minder.  Faye, I can't thank you enough for the time and thought you have put in to this.  You are so special!


I haven't worked on ABC since the last post.  We were invited to a friend's house for a cookout on Saturday night.  They live near where we were when we first moved to Kentucky.  It's 1 1/2 hours away so we spent the night there and left early for church on Sunday morning.  They have a beautiful home and we had a fun time.

Please remember Becky & her family from Becky Bee's Stitching Hive in your prayers.  She is going through a very stressful time right now.

Our internet seems to be running at normal speed today.  Masterchief called them Friday afternoon to see if it was something on our end or theirs.  They were working on the line.  Some sort of upgrade I guess.  Upgrades are GOOD!!

Chased Masterchief out of the house when he came in with his socks looking like this.............
It's no wonder I have to ride my broom around this kitchen at least twice a day!

That's it friends.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Hopefully there will be more stitching progress to show you soon.  I picked up a freebie this morning but didn't get very far on it.  Nothing picture-worthy anyway.
Thank you or your comments.  I enjoy reading every one!

~~Peggy Lee

13 comments:

Jules said...

Very pretty RAK!

@ Masterchief - Hahaha...that'll teach him to bring dirty socks into the kitchen. Or will it?! LOL

Deb said...

Congratulations on the RAK from Faye. Aren't her things wonderful. I was the recipient of a pincushion too and just love it.

Oh dear, those sock look familiar. My husband comes in like that all the time and then wonders why the floor gets dirty! They just don't get it, do they?

Daffycat said...

I must admit, Faye's pincushion is much more attractive than that eraser! Congratulations!

natalyK said...

What a beautiful pin cushion!!

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

New background looks great! Congrats on such a sweet RAK! Did your DH steeeeeal my DH's socks? LOL!!! I sooooo loathe cleaning the floor (cause it never staaaays clean more than 5 minutes), just so ya know! Have a great night:)

xoxo

Justflo said...

Lovely pincushion. Beautiful pins.

Jan said...

That is a lovely RAK, Peggy, and you are right about dear Faye...she is a talented and very giving person!!

Love your blog, thanks for visiting mine and I will be back very soon! Kentucky isn't that far away from me! :o)

Catherine said...

Congrats on the RAK!! Faye does such beautiful work!

I'm still laughing about the socks! My three boys and my husband do that to me all the time!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful pin cushion. The pins are lovely.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

How nice to have a RAK such as this one. Congratulations. Oh, and there's something about riding a broom around, once they see you do it the first time, they think you enjoy it.
Be always in stitches.

Katherine said...

Wow, my floor's lucky to get it once a week! No time, no desire. Master Chief's socks are clean compared to what my dogs get into! Beautiful pin pillow and pins!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Peggy and I'm glad to add you to my list as well! What a cute pincushion you received - you're a lucky lady. Oh so many things to make and never enough time!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a thoughtful gift! I've found bloggers to be some of the nicest and most generous people I've ever met. I do love the counted cross stitch but, unfortunately, my vision isn't good enough to do it any more. I'm thankful I can still do some applique and embroidery. :) blessings, marlene