Friday, July 23, 2010

Thank You...Dear Friends........

I am overwhelmed by the kind thoughts and prayers expressed by all of you!  I can't begin to thank you properly.   It has indeed been a very difficult week and now begins the healing.  My heart goes out to Jean's husband, who attended church services on the very night of his wife's funeral.  They were married eighteen years.

Our church is very small.  There were a total of nine ladies who made enough food for over 100 people.  God surely does provide!  We even had a little bit left over to send to the kids at the local church camp.

Took the camera and a couple apples with me on my morning walk earlier this week.  The miniature horses are getting to know me well enough to come to the fence for a treat.  They like their apples cut in to smaller pieces than the bigger boys!



As I rounded the corner this handsome boy was calling out to me....."Hey, a fella could starve to death over here, hurry up, would ya?"





I got several kisses for the treats!!




My guide now follows me all the way home...where he thoroughly enjoyed treeing the neighbors' stray cat they've been feeding.


I tried my crafting skills at making a few pin pillows.  I am NOT impressed with myself.  I have absolutely NO idea on how to make these things and really should have searched out a tutorial before making my lame attempt.  NO matter....they are mine and the little mistakes I see just make them look more primitive, right?
Here's the back view to show you the fabric I chose for the backing......



Roamed around the house tonight and snapped a couple pics of things I've stitched. Waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy back when I first picked up needle and thread...........
I bought this kit with the sampler stamped on it in blue.  I stitched it up and gave it to my grandmother because she absolutely gushed over it and thought (well she convinced 20-some year old me, anyway) it was the best sampler she'd ever laid eyes on!  She stitched "Peggy Lee" on it for me, framed it and proudly displayed it on her living room wall until she could no longer live independently and went in to a nursing home.  Her home was sold but before the auction sold everything that was near and dear to perfect strangers....I grabbed this sampler and now it hangs on my wall here in Kentucky.  Every time I walk past it I am reminded all over again of how proud she was of me.






Here is a design by La-D-Da called "Love Is Perfect".  I stitched it up just a few months before Masterchief and I were married in 2005.





Lastly is this lacey looking lovely by Sheepish Designs called "Circle of Angles".  I finished this one eight years ago.  I really don't care for my choice of frame but I think it was the only square one I had on hand at the time.  I might stitch this one up again in another color.  I really like it.

That's it for the stitchy pics.  Hope you enjoyed seeing a few from years ago.

I had an appointment yesterday for an echo cardiogram.  I was astounded at the technology they have now!  She explained everything we were seeing on the screen to me......
"Now this is a 3-D image of your heart....different colors show the direction of blood flow....now I'll spin this image of your heart around so we can see it at any angle.....and here are nine slices of your heart so we can see every detail!"    Can you imagine?!?   She showed me exactly where the "hole" is or whatever is wrong in there.  She called it a "drop out".  Well anyway....it will probably just mean more tests in the future.  I wish Masterchief wasn't going away to work.  He will leave very early tomorrow morning and I won't see him again until September.  I'll miss him SO MUCH!!!!

Thank you all again for so many sweet words of sympathy and support.  You are all so very kind!!

~~Peggy Lee

14 comments:

Deborah said...

The pictures are wonderful! I have some really old ones that I did that are special, as well. I think that your pin cushions came out great. Sorry about the masterchief leaving. Hopefully, the time will fly and he'll be back brfore you know it.

Parsley said...

Lovely pictures! I especially love the horse whiskers! Take care.

Teri said...

Hi,
I just found your blog a couple of days ago ... I love your photos. Your work is just beautiful!
And I think your pin keeps are just fine!
Teri♥♥♥

natalyK said...

I think your pincushions look fab! I love the La D Da sampler you did. It is a long time favorite saying and it stitched up beautifully.

Jennifer said...

I'm not sure if my posting went through the first time.....anyway,
just hope you are feeling better and so sad to hear the news.
Want you to know your pincushions are really sweet and they look perfect to me!

Jennifer

Faye said...

Your pin pillows are just perfect~~~ I love them all and you did a great job!!

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend...Cherish her memories and remember the good times.....


Always, Faye

Meadows08 said...

Your pictures are great as always! And your little pincushions look great too!

Denise said...

I, too, love the pincushions! So much so that I would like to know the name of the pumpkin with blackbird one & the designer's name??! This would be a quick stitch for Halloween, fall and
Thanksgiving combined. Please let me know...

Peggy Lee said...

Hi Denise.....Isn't that little pumpkin a cutie? I got it from "Autumn Row" by Bent Creek.
Have a great weekend!
~~Peggy Lee

staci said...

Fantastic pics! I think your pin pillows look lovely :) And I love all your framed pieces...the one you made for your grandmother is especially sweet.

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing all your past stitches with us! They are beautiful and I know the one for your grandma is exta special. I love your pin cushions and think you did a wonderful job!

Thanks for sharing your walk with us too. It is just too hot here to get out of the past mid morning. I know your DH isn't coming to where my dh works because their next outage is in Sept. I hope the time flies for you.

Daffycat said...

Wonderful photos, Peg! Those horses are adorable. Adorable too, are your pin pillows ~ I think you did a great job!

Poor you! Being alone for so many weeks is sad! *hugs*

Suzanne said...

I a sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It's good though that the family has so much support from the community.

Love your pin pillows, I think they look fine.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I love all your pics but the sampler for your grandma just went straight to my heart. I was cleaning the chest of drawers in my guestroom last week while "My Masterchef" was overseas on business and I found the very first thing I stitched as a gift. It's a Precious Moments Granny standing at a stove cooking. My Granny passed away 8 years ago and like you, it was one of the few things I took from her home. I see all my stitching mistakes now but I know she never did. I think I need to find a special place in my home to hang it now.