Monday, July 19, 2010

Sad Day, Stormy Night......

A bit of a sad weekend here.  Last night a dear friend passed away from cancer.  She was diagnosed last year with it all through her body and only recently went for tests to find out it had reached her brain and she only had weeks to live.  It took her so fast!  After Sunday services  the church went to her home where her husband stayed by her side and we softly sang hymns around her bed.  She showed no signs of hearing us but  you just don't know.
It stormed so bad through the night last night that I couldn't sleep until about 5am.  Masterchief and I were both up.  He made me a cup of mint tea because my stomach was a little upset.  He's such a sweetie! 
Anyway...I'll be making a BIG MESS of food tomorrow for after the funeral on Wednesday.  I'm going to make a big pan of peach cobbler like this one I made today........
I'm also going to make a cherry cobbler, a huge tossed salad, home made dinner rolls, chuck wagon beans and cornbread.  Our church family is very small so we all are making alot of food to accommodate their friends and family.  I hope there will be enough to go around.


Got a couple snaps of the angry sky again tonight.  We are getting two nights of stormy weather in a row.  I don't think tonight will be as bad as last night though.






























Yesterday we stopped at Haney's Appledale Farm to get donut peaches for that cobbler I made today and they had these beautiful roses made from wood shavings.  Aren't they gorgeous?
I wish they would have had more red ones but all of the colors are beautiful.

Well.....it was a stressful day yesterday and a sleepless night last night so I'll make this a short one and get on in to bed.
Oh hey....look for my first giveaway during the first week of August and help me celebrate my birthday!  More to come on that, but for now have a peaceful nights sleep!
Thank you BIG BUNCHES for taking the time to comment and visit me here.  I do appreciate it so much!

~~ Peggy Lee

13 comments:

~Judy~ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Deborah said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with her family, as well as yours.

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Sadie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Sending hugs x

Sharlotte said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! My prayers are with her family and you as well.

Those cloud photos are very interesting. We have have some nasty storms here lately.

natalyK said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Sherry said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, all her friends and loved ones.

Jules said...

Sorry to learn of your loss.

Your storm cloud pictures are wonderful!

Thanks for sharing...

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Oh PeggyLee, the choosing of a friend is a very personal decision, and it's sad to lose them, so very sorry for your loss...

xoxo

Vonna said...

You have my most deepest and sincere sympathy PeggyLee. I know your friend is in heaven and free from pain and now knows the glories of our Lord and of the universe. May she rest in peace. I find that at funeral dinners that the worry is needless, there always seems to be more than enough...just like the fishes and the loaves :)

Deb said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with her family (and with you too on losing a friend).

Those storm clouds looks positively beautiful (but ugly at the same time).

Bekca said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you.

Paulette said...

I am so very sorry, Peggy Lee, for your heartbreaking loss.

You're so kind to do all that cooking for the friends and family. Having been to 2 funerals in the past year, it always amazed and touched me the way the church ladies would give of their time that way - by cooking. It was so sweet, and I'll never forget it.

God bless you,
Paulette