Saturday, July 31, 2010

One Week Down....

Thank you SO MUCH for your understanding words of encouragement while Masterchief is away working.  I knew I'd find a sympathetic ear out there somewhere!  I really appreciate it. I miss him so much.

I've been trying to keep myself busy this week so I don't sit and feel sorry for myself.  I've painted the living room and hall and am now trying to put things back together.  I took a few pictures, well of course....you wouldn't think any different coming from me, would you?  I love to take pictures.

Here's the living room all prepared to begin painting......

and here it is all done (with the painting part anyway)

If I am going to paint a room I like to start early in the morning and have it finished by the day's end.  I like to get that mess over with as soon as possible.  I painted the trim too.  I hung a few things back on the wall before calling it a day.
Here it is put back together..........

I moved the couch over to the wall instead of in front of the windows.  This is how we had it when we first moved in two years ago but I had changed it.  We both like it better this way.  My stitching spot will be at the end of the couch where you can barely see my little table packed full of stitchy things.  I am envious of those of you who have a whole room dedicated to our craft!
Here's a pic of my wall.  I think these look so much nicer on this new color.  Oh by the way, the color is called "Clay Ridge".


Somehow I found time to pick some corn from our garden for freezing.  Poor Masterchief left before he could enjoy any of our corn.  I picked a dozen or so ears at a time to cook and freeze so it wouldn't be an all day job.  Right now, if I ever see another ear of corn it will be too soon!  : )


I hope you all (that's the northerner's way of saying y'all) aren't getting sick of my walk pics.  Walking out here in the country will never get old for me.  I like to go early in the morning before it heats up....when the birds are singing and the cows are groggy.  Here's a few from my walk the other day.......
It was just a bit foggy when I first started out but it quickly cleared when the sun came out.
Isn't that just gorgeous?  I fully expected to hear angels singing when I first looked at this.  I love it when the beams of sunlight reach heavenward.
Sometimes the miniature horses get loose.  Actually...the babies just walk right under the wire.  I've talked to the owner and he said they don't go far so he's not worried about it.  He's never had to go looking for them.  They always return.  It's fortunate that they live so far out in the country where there isn't much traffic.
I think maybe this one thought he could hide behind the pine branch.

Went out for a bike ride last night.  I enjoyed them much more when Masterchief was here to go with me but let's not go there. (**NOTE** I finally washed that shirt of his from a week ago....not without a few tears but I DID IT.  I'm very proud of me.)
Back to the bike ride.  I came up on this one in the middle of the road..............
So I offered him a snack.................
He kept taking little bites.  I didn't realize how tiny his mouth is.  This one is a baby miniature so he's VERY small.
These two were being kind to one another.......you scratch mine and I'll scratch yours.............

When I started this blog my intention was to post an average of three times a week.  That hasn't happened and now I feel overwhelmed when I finally get around to posting.  I'm still learning how to do this and it takes me at least an hour (sometimes two).  I also haven't been posting as many stitchy pics as I'd like.  I hope you all (there I go again) enjoy reading my blog and if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them!
Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope you have a great weekend!

~~Peggy Lee
P.S.  I will post the giveaway info very soon so be on the lookout!

11 comments:

Myra said...

You have been a busy bee. I hate painting but always love the way it looks afterward - good for you for getting it done in a day. The corn looks delicious and I enjoy your pictures of your "walks".

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Hi! Love how your living room came together, sampler wall is beeeautiful ~ well done:) Master Cheif will be so pleased! Corn looks yummy. Have a great weekend my friend, relax a bit why don't you...

xoxo

Jules said...

Beautiful pictures, stitching, living room, and the horses are CUTE! I look forward to seeing more...

Deborah said...

The living room looks great. I am not a painter but I can appreciate a job well done. The wall with your samplers look wonderful.

Littlebit said...

What beautiful pics, and I love the color you painted your living room! That corn looks so yummy to me. I'll trade you some tomatoes? :)
Thank you for the site to that tote blogger! I found one that I loved!!

Teri said...

They make fun of me when I say "You All" I have been here 6 years and still can't say y'all. They tell me I speak to proper. Guess I'm still a Yankee through and through.Your living room looks great! And I would love to know more about your header photo? Have a great week.
Teri♥♥♥

Catherine said...

Great photos!! Love the one of the cows in the morning fog!

Your living room looks great. If you need something else to do - you can always road trip back to PA and paint for me - and while you're here you can visit the Strawberry Sampler!

Daffycat said...

I was a military wife so I completely understand your pain! It's great you are keeping busy and DH is going to come home to such a fresh clean house.

Awwwww, the mini horses are just adorable!

Katherine said...

Wow, very brave painting by yourself. I told my husband this morning that we were going to do it over Labor Day weekend - together! The horses are adorable and I'm like you - I'd worry about them being loose. I get upset when I see turtles in the road, etc. I try to rescue as many as I can before disaster strikes.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you are having fun! I have so much to do around our house, I don't think we will ever be able to get to it all but we constantly have a honey-do list. LOL

Suzanne said...

Wow, your good to get the whole room painted in a day on your own. At the moment paiting a room in our house takes several weeks, but I must admit there is an enourmous amount of prep work involved. I love the colour you chose for the walls, it's almost like the colour we have chosen.

Great photos by the way!