Monday, July 5, 2010

Frogs,Turtles & Toes.....

First....the frogs. I was very excited at the thought of being able to show you some progress on ABC. I almost had the dragonfly in the D block done when I realized I had the count off by one little thread. Ordinarily I would find a way to work the little mistake in but I just couldn't let this one go. I messed up C block so much by "making it work" that I didn't want to start off the next block like that. Soooo....I frogged it out and now I'm back to the border and one little d at the bottom. I didn't get a chance to stitch today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to stitch.

We went to the Jamestown Marina to hear an oldies band and watch fireworks Sunday night. We live about 15 minutes away from Central Time here. I'm originally from PA so whenever we drive that way I have to look at my cell phone to watch it change....some people never grow up!!

When we got to the marina we fed the turtles...........



Saw the cutest little pink toes ever.............



Watched the boats come and go out on the water.........



Finally saw some fireworks...................
I fell asleep on the way home so I didn't get to look at my cell phone when we drove back in to Eastern Time. **shucks**

That's it friends. Wish I had more stitchy news to share. MUST get that dragonfly done tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts and comments....I appreciate every one!




7 comments:

Missy aka Birdy said...

Sounds like a lovely day!!! Love those pink toes.

hugs
-missy-

Kellie said...

Hi Peggy Lee,
Looks like you had a fun 4th. :) I live right on that eastern time/central time bubble too. However I find it more annoying than fun because I always get confused about when to be somewhere if I am crossing between the two. LOL!
Have a great week!

Vonna said...

I'm glad I'm not the only silly one...when we travel over the state line, I always reach my arm out to say, "I'm first in...." my husband rolls his eyes :)

The turtles are a sight! The pink toes precious! And the fireworks dazzling! :)

Deb said...

Great pictures. Just have to love those little toes!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's frustrating that you had to frog and couldn't "fudge" it!

Siobhan said...

Great pics! It looks like a fabulous 4th!

Meadows08 said...

I saw a model of just the ABC in a fabulous Las Vegas LNS and thought of you! What a gorgeous pattern.

Great photos too!