Monday, July 26, 2010

Boo-Hoo...sniff,sniff......

He's gone and left me!  Well, just for six weeks or so.  I miss him TERRIBLY already!  Masterchief hit the road around 4am on Saturday.  He arrived in northern New Jersey 14 hours later.  I'm at a total loss here at home.  I keep thinking I see him pass by the front of the house on his way in from the 'man-cave/garage'.  And...well....I wasn't going to admit this.......but I just know there's got to SOMEBODY out there who will understand this one.................I have a shirt he wore the day before he left that hasn't found the washing machine just yet.  I know....kinda teenager pathetic but I can't help it.  We are connected at the hip...and the HEART!


Here's a picture taken of us Friday when we went out on the lake with the neighbors.  They were kind enough to use our camera to take it for us.  Thanks Dale and Barb!!

I know Masterchief reads my blog.  I love you Honey!  It already feels like forever since you've gone.  Please be careful and hurry home to me.


OK....for those of you about to puke I'll get on with it............

I have been stitching like crazy since Masterchief left but I can't show any pictures of it because it's a surprise for him.  All I can say is it has something to do with his service to our country with the US Navy.  I will be sure to post pictures of it just as soon as he sees it when he returns in September.

SEPTEMBER?????????  WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!


sniff....sniff.....sniff......  *compose yourself girlfriend*

OK....I'm fine, really ...............

Here's a snap I took last night off the back deck.  It looks like a big storm but it really didn't do much.  Looks impressive though, huh?


I like to call this one "Skylight".


The hummingbirds have been going bonkers lately!  They fight with each other around the feeder.  The ruby-throats seem to guard it and not like any other little birdie to sneak a sip.  I actually held the feeder up in front of my face before hanging it back up after filling it and they fed from it while I held it there!!  I couldn't believe it!  Of all times for Masterchief to be gone...I had no one to take a picture of that so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.


I wish I could show you what I'm working on.   I'm very excited about it.

Thanks to all of you who commented about my pin pillows!  You are too kind.  I have my eye on a different one shown HERE.  Isn't it so cute?

Thanks for taking a moment to visit with me today.  I appreciate every thought and comment.
Take care of yourself........
~~Peggy Lee

11 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh I hope you can do it on your own, just get out the stitching and time will pass quickly. Good luck and make the best of it.
Be always in stitches.

Deborah said...

with the help of family and friends, I hope that the time will pass quickly. Just keep stitching, the time will pass quicker.

Xeyedmary said...

I'm sorry your hubby has gone away- stitch more to make the time pass. The hummingbird photo is incredible!

Jan said...

You are so fortunate to have a loving and strong relationship...I know the time will go fast for you and he will be home very soon. Keep up the faith! Looking forward to seeing what you are working on, and also what a great picture of the two of you!!

Catherine said...

Great photos of the storm and the birds!!

I don't like it when my husband is gone either - stitch lots to pass the time!

Meadows08 said...

Ahhhhhhh! I hope August moves fast for you!

Sharon said...

Shhh.....don't tell anyone - I've done the same with my hubby's shirts - and just to make things worse - his pillowcase! It's so wonderful in these times to read of a couple who are still so in love!
In the meantime, know we're here for you - vent away - we all understand it and we're all sending you gentle hugs to hold you up in the lonely times. Do your best to find some solace in your stitching...

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Awwww Peggy Lee, that is so sweet...i hope the time starts to fly by for you! Just keep stitchin' and he'll be home before you know it!

Love the hummingbird photo...wish mine would come back around...we've only had one this summer, so far.

Lisa Clarke said...

Well, since we're sharing.....my husband works out of the country (we live in a border town) and stays gone for several days at a time. Next week, he will be gone for a week! I have a hard time sleeping without him, so I make a pillow person in the bed so it seems like he's there. At least I don't kiss it goodnight! Well... no, really I don't that would be weird. LOL!! I hope time flies for you and he comes back to you soon. Keep stitching!
Lisa C.

The Redhead Riter said...

I totally love the hummingbird pic. It is awesome that you caught so many at once.

Suzanne said...

Know how you feel. My DH goes OS for two weeks at the end of the month. I don't know how I am going to cope, especially with the two girls.

Looking forward to seeing what you are stitching.